• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what kind of rabbit do i have?

koda 6966

New Kit
i think she is either a broken rex rabbit, an english rabbit, or a mix of the two.
im not sure because she doesnt look like either of them, but she looks the most like the english.

any ideas?

whats her coat like is it soft like a rex or like an english she could be a cross

where did she come from

Rexes have a very special fur so unless they have the silky soft fur it's not a pure rex. Also I might add that the rex-gene is recessive, so if it's a mix of a rex and another breed it will not have rex-fur.

How old is it? I'm usually able to tell rex-fur apart from normal on pictures of adults but kits don't always have the same silkyness to their fur.
My Aroma is 3 months, she still hasn't gotten the gorgeous adult fur but its definitely shorter than other rabbits.

here are some more pictures of the baby, if you click them your re-directed to a larger picture.

i dont know how old she is but im guessing that she is very young because she is so small.
her fur is very soft, smooth, and somewhat silky.
right now she has very short, smooth whiskers but im assuming that this is because of her age as my dutch also had short whiskers when she was a baby, but then grew very long ones as she aged.

the whiskers on a rex are very short almost as if they have none
you may be able to see in this pic
DSC00040.jpg

Last edited:
here are some more pictures of the baby, if you click them your re-directed to a larger picture.

i dont know how old she is but im guessing that she is very young because she is so small.
her fur is very soft, smooth, and somewhat silky.
right now she has very short, smooth whiskers but im assuming that this is because of her age as my dutch also had short whiskers when she was a baby, but then grew very long ones as she aged.

Does she have bald feet? If she has bald feet i'd say a Rex, she is beautiful xxx

She does look almost rex-coated.... but it's hard for me to say by only looking at pictures. If it helps, here's a rex still with youngster-coat:
Hvile.jpg

This one's 3 months old. Also rexes have curled whiskers, that's the trick I learned from some breeders of dwarf-rex crosses (breeding toward lop dwarf rex, netherland dwarf rex and minirex) to tell newborn rexes from normal-coated.

And rexes don't have bald feet the fur is just shorter;)

thanks for all the help, im now thinking that she is either a english, or a rex english hybrid.

Last edited:
Back