• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

erm Simbas just saved my life =O

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
i have Simba living inside since hes not neutered yet and i want to keep him as far away from lilli as possible so theres no chance of surprise babies :shock:

anyways i have simba in my bedroom hes very quiet its unbelievable but this morning at 9:15 (roughly) he started going crazy in his cage, stomping his foot, burrowing on the sides of the cage, running round in circles basically being a nightmare so i thought il just get up. so i started heading down stairs when i got a wiff of gas :shock: it got stronger when i got to the bottom so i held my breath and raced into the kitchen and saw that 2 knobs on the oven were turned so were letting out gas, im guessing the cat did this while jumping up as its happened before only last time i was awake :shock:, i quickly turned the gas off and opened both my doors and my windows and went up stairs to give Simba who was now lying down in his cage a big hug and a kiss, if he happened woken me up i would have probably of stayed in bed until about 11 by that time id have been gased out or the house would have blown up!..... scary thought.

Simba my hero! im still shakey though going to start shutting my kitchen door at nights so the cats cant go in and maybe switch my gas oven to an electrical one!

has anyone else had a rabbit whos saved their life?

Wow! Clever simba :D I've never had a rabbit save my life, though i risked mine for my Tiffany :? There was a massive thunderstorm with hail stones and all that, my tiffany was in a run in the garden, i had to run home and i wasnt even looking at the traffic on the roads i just ran straight across them to get home. Tiff was ok, but very frightened and wet :(

I seem to remember a rabbit on here a few years back that alerted their owner to a fire - it was only a small one but could have got much worse if they hadn't found it in time.

Caz

wow - that is amazing! Good bunnie!

One of my cats has saved my life once, was the middle of the night and i had fallen asleep with my oil burner on. It subsequently caught fire and set the plaster on the wall alight, me and my partner was dead to the world, and I woke up to moo-moo sitting on my chest, licking and pawing at my face, which she never does!

Anyway she woke me up and I was startled to see the mini-fire, which I put out. I didn't realise the enormatity of it as went back to sleep, til I awoke in the morning to see a big black mark all up the wall!

Clever kitty indeed!

Aren't animals clever!

wow weldone to simba give him a big hug for me and say weldone! what a miracle. just think what could have happened if he never done anything..scary thought xx

Wow, clever Simba: what a star! :love:

I can't imagine Jenny and Frankie alerting me to anything other than their empty food bowl :roll: :lol:

Back