• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Billy please...UPDATED 18/7/07

Veronica

Mama Doe
I noticed last night, that something didn't look right around her bottom area :? To be honest, first thing I thought was fly strike....yet I couldn't see any eggs/maggots/flies etc. Her bottom was swollen, red and looked really really sore.

I didn't want to mess about, so put her straight in the carrier and phoned the vets. The vets told me to bring her down straight away, which I did.

Thankfully, it wasn't flystrike. However, the vet was stunned and said he'd never seen this condition in a rabbit before.
She's got a "prolapsed vagina". I asked how?!...and the vet couldn't tell me how it had happened.

Well she's still at the vets now, and is being operated on. Hopefully we will find out why this has happened. Please send your vibes to my gorgeous Billy, that she gets through this op, and then the follow up treatment works too.

If any one else has experienced such a condition with their pet, please give me any information you can. I have never seen anything like it in my life. Poor poor little girl :(

I'm just preparing the dogcrate to keep her indoors when she comes home.

Veronica
xxx

Last edited:
poor little girl..hoping she recovers well.. xx

(didn't know you had a bun called Billy..os she new?)

Thanks everyone for your vibes. I'm just waiting by the phone at the moment for any news.

I've had Billy for nearly 3 years Jill, she's one of my netherland dwarfs. She lives with her sister Tina (who's missing her sister at the moment :( )

Tina and Billy (Billy is on the right)
DSC01249.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh now why do i remember Tina but not Billy..old age perhaps. :lol:
Thye are a very pretty pair :D

Thanks Jill, I think so too :love:
The phone rang about 10minutes ago, and I jumped out of my seat thinking the worse.....only to answer to find it was British Gas :evil:

I just want her home now :(

Some more pics of her....
Picture1641.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

Picture870.jpg

Picture389.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww shes gorgeous, they both are...I have a real soft spot for Nethies.... hope she makes a swift full recovery and is back home asap. x

Just to let you all know, Billy is home safe and sound. She's still very wobbly on her feet (can't stand upright without falling over, so is laying on her side), and she hasn't eaten or drank anything yet. However, it is early, so this evening is crutial to see if she recovers ok.
Thank you so much for your vibes, they really do mean a lot.

For now, she's settled on towels and vet bed in the base of the travel box, which I've put into the dog crate (like a little basket). I've put out a bowl of water, water bottle, pellets and hay& readygrass....so my fingers are crossed she comes round alittle and fancies a nibble.
She's indoors now, but upstairs, so she's in a quiet place where she can rest, and yet we can keep a close eye on her.

Thanks so much for your thoughts so far.
xxx

Aww glad shes home.... did your vet say why he/she thought this had happened? Has she ever had babies?? Sorry to sound nosey, just curious as I have 'witnessed' it with a cat and a human before, never a bun!:shock:

Aww glad shes home.... did your vet say why he/she thought this had happened? Has she ever had babies?? Sorry to sound nosey, just curious as I have 'witnessed' it with a cat and a human before, never a bun!:shock:

The vet couldn't give a reason :?
He too said he'd never seen it in a rabbit before. He also asked if she'd given birth in the past, which she hasn't! She's never ever had a litter...and I should know, as I've had her since she was 8 weeks old!

Very baffling :?

Back