• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

giving meds is a nightmare

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I can't wait till the course is finished, i swear all the bunnies hate me now :cry: I'm halfway through the course and I've been trying to change the time I give them so they don't expect it! Everytime i go out there Caramel hides from me, Twinkle growls and bites :shock: , sugarplum growls, splodge stamps and hides :cry: the only one who doesn't kick up a fuss is fudge!!!

I hate giving Pringle it when he needs it, Hes the exact same. Last week when he wasnt well i went out to speak to him during the weekend and he just stamped at me grunted and generally hated me :cry:. He is starting to like me again now, but he has vet tomorrow AGAIN :roll: .

What med are you giving them? Cant you keep going out to them or speaking to them, giving them a treat every now and again to see how they are? x

oh yes...animals just dont seem to understand taht w egive them these meds to make them better ;-)

domino is only just trusting us again after a week of baytril (twice daily) and eye drops once daily.

we use their breakfast to tempt the buns out into teh run, make stehm easier to grab, but now domino sends sam out first lol.

as fro actually administering, we mix baytril with ribena (a tip teh vet gave us) but ratehr than using the syringe to scoop up the baytril first tehn the ribena...as we found dominop loved the ribena then trie dto spit out teh baytril, we put a drop of ribena, baytril in teh middle then a drop more ribena...between two of us we manage toa dminister it, but it atkes me to hold him still whilst nick force feed shim, he then has ten minutes of cuddle time with me after ()he's a proper mummys boy!)

God tell me about it! My lot hate me at the mo as 18 of them had Myxi jabs yesterday so im def there least favorite person!!

phillippe is on baytril twice a day at the min, i have to chase him round the kitchen and bathroom and get him out from behind the toilet, so i can wrap him in a towel to give his meds. now when ever he see`s a towel he runs :lol:

Tell me about it!!!! :roll:
The only one I dont have problems with is Isaac - but he never gets sick! :lol: .... I tried to give snowflake some pineapplejuice along with her meds last night... she didnt have any of it... and Isaac sat there with his mouth open ready for me to squirt it in! :lol: :lol: - *btw she got her meds and he got the juice*

Back