• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue in the bunny enclosure

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:
0.0000002.jpg

he is such a snuggle bun :love:
0.0000004.jpg

0.0000006.jpg

he is going to the vets tomorrow about his eyes and teeth-
what confuses me is he is COVERED in uirine stains on his back, how on earth did he manage that? and he ahs an obsession with cleaning hismelf so his fur is VERY manky :? :(

aww he is stunning! :love: :love:

the urine stains probably have something to do with how he was kept by his previous owner maybe he wasnt cleaned out often. sometimes we all need to result in bathing our buns but its something im personally scared of doing lol

He may not be able to clean himself properly with his dodgy teeth either - Mary's fur would get very haggard looking when his incisors were due to be burred (before they were removed)
You can use some cornflour as a dry 'bath' - either rub a fair bit in to his back-end and brush it out, or if you're brave you can add water to make it into a paste to apply, let it dry then brush it out
I've bathed bunnies but they really don't like it - I ended up wetter than they did :lol: But if you really have to do it I'd recommend what I do with all the little critters I bathe that don't like the water - fill the sink with lukewarm water (you can add a little pet shampoo to it if you want), have an old towel folded up next to the sink. Dip the bun's dirty bit into the water, massage it quickly to get the water all the way down to the roots of the fur, then put the wet bun on the towel. Add shampoo and lather it up, then dip them to rinse the majority of the bubbles off. Put back on the towel, then fill the sink up and dip/massage the rest of the shampoo out, all the way down to the skin (as animals have sensitive skin, if you leave some shampoo on it can irritate them). I usually then empty the sink and use a jug just to pour a bit more clean water over them to rinse off any remainders, then towel-dry them off. I'd keep him indoors while he's damp so he doesn't catch a chill - you can (carefully) use a hairdryer but it needs to be used at a distance, I find towel-drying much easier and less stressful.

Last edited:
he is going to the vets tomorrow about his eyes and teeth-
what confuses me is he is COVERED in uirine stains on his back, how on earth did he manage that? and he ahs an obsession with cleaning hismelf so his fur is VERY manky :? :(

Has he been to the vets since you adopted him Beth? Did you get him from the same place as you got Basil? Not being nosy just a bit scary if a rescue is adoptiong out poorly rabbits :? X

I didnt know you had another bun Beth, he is a cutie :D Can you clean his back with baby wipes? It will be a lot less stressfull, thats how I was cleaning Beau when he was weeing on himself I think he would have gone nuts if I had tried a proper bath ;)

he actually enjoyed the bath and the hair dryer afterwards :lol:

he should stop spraying himself after he loses his manhood on Friday AND he should be able to clean himself after hsi dental :lol:

Back