• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

!st time bunny owner!!

Smokey

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit yesterday. She is 12 weeks old. Has anyone got any advise on feeding etc. I'm have 4 guinea pigs sp know them pretty well. rabbits are new to me.......

Michele

She needs to be feed what she was eating when you brought her. If you want to change her feed then you need to do it over 7-10 days preferably to a pellet mix like Science selective. I would avoid introducing her to veg etc until her food is changed and settled. Give her a few days to settle then take her to the vet for a check over. I was also reccomend myxi and VHD jabs. But be warned not all vets are good at rabbits.:D Oh and if she is a girlie then you may want to think about spaying oh and wormer. I hope you weren't thinking rabbits were cheap :lol:

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi, :wave: you will find lots of information here: www.rabbit.org

You will need to see about getting her vaccinated and eventually spayed as well, as most does go on to develop womb cancer at only 4 years, and by the time you notice it, its too late to save them.:cry:

You may also want to check on the main site, www.rabbitrehome.org.uk if you want to get her a neuter boyfriend after shes spayed.:D

Hi i know they arent cheap. Guinea pigs and cats arent either lmao.

how old do they have to be to be vaccinated and spayed is it 6 months?

Back