• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bathing rabbits

does anyone else have a rabbit that loves water :) phillippe will jump in the bath himself the last time was with my daughter (she has since banned him from the bathroom) not long ago after bathing the dogs he decided he needed one and jumped in their water.

phonepics151.jpg

How strange! :shock: Maybe he fancied a swim? Lots of rabbits are very curious though, can he see into the bath before he jumps? He might not realise he's about to jump into water.

I've had a bun jump in a paddling pool before I think they just don't realise it's not solid - jumped out again pretty sharpish. I've no idea why he'd do it more than once though - they're pretty good at remembering.

Obviously, not that god for them so banning from the bathroom sounds like a good plan :D

he knows when theres water in the bath he sits on the side first :lol: he will play in the kitchen sink too i think he likes water for when hes in it he just swims about :D

its no harm asklong as its not a horrid day and hes totally dry before he goes out.

i think its dead cute.

x

my two hate water lol, when i lift teh cover off their hutch if its been raining theyw ill run inside cos they know i am hopeless and always flood the run :oops:

Awwwwww, that's adorable!! :D I've only seen one other rabbit like that, on America's Funniest Home Videos. The rabbit was swimming (yes, that's right) in a pool, and he had his own exit, like a part that went off into a tunnel type thing!

Rabbits can swim alright, but I never tried bathing mine. Yet I have noticed when it's raining, they love sitting out in the rain. Probably because the summer is so hot otherwise, it's actually rather refreshing to get wet sometimes:D

awfully cute!! :love:

I had to bathe Dustbunn's rear once because he sat in a squishy poo :)oops: ), and he didn't like it at all!!! (I still have the scars where he jumped out of the sink, climbed up my soaking wet shirt and clung to my shoulders shivering after I got one of his paws wet :lol: :lol: )

Aw bless. My cat Maddy loves water! She always appears if someone is running a bath and shes first to get into it :lol: My rabbit Basil had to have baths sometimes because she was overweight and got a dirty bottom. She enjoyed being washed and massaged with rabbit shampoo, she would lick her lips if you massaged or tickled her :lol:

Bathing removes the natural oils in their fur which keeps their fur in good condition and lets them sit out in the rain and still have a dry undercoat... that's why bathing isn't generally a good idea :)

Back