• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a stupid question about veg

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
This may be a stupid question but...
is it ok to wash say a lots of leafy greens and then put it back in the fridge... prepare it in advance....?? or would i have to wash it again when i was to feed it to the buns?? :?

Wash them them store them some where cold, I can't see why there should be a problem doing them all in one go :D . You're not really suppose to keep buns veg in the fridge, but guess it doesn't really matter.

As long as you then allow them to sit at room temperature for a good while before giving them your bunny then I think that's fine. After all, I've always washed my veggies with the intention of removing any pesticide type chemicals. :) Once they've been washed away, I count the veg as 'clean'.

As casu consulto, let them sit a room temp for a while before feeding, the very cold veg can be bad for tums :D

The only veg I don't keep in the fridge is carrots, as they stay colder, being thick - I keep the rest in the fridge and it's never caused a problem. In fact refrigerating stops the bacteria multiplying on the veg.

Back