• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feed Me, Feed me NOOOWWW!!

Witchy

Warren Scout
There must be more things out there that I can feed my fat French Lops on?
They currently on a base food of Chudleighs Rabbit Royale mix plus a pile of hay and treats such as carrots, lettuce or cucumber.

I know you shouldn't give them too many treats so you don't upset their system but what else can I give my boys? What do you feed yours?

Are they actually fat or it that a term of endearment?

Carrots, lettuce and cucumber aren't the best of greens to feed as carrots are high in sugar and the other two more likely to trigger squidgy poops.

Herbs are good like parsley etc. and you can grow them yourself and let them have the pop to climb in and pick fresh.

Is Chudleighs a mix or pellets? I feed mine pellets and just use those like treats so they only get a few in a treat ball and the rest I hand feed.

my buns get loads of hay (different types too meadow, oat, herbal, orchard grass, timothy etc) a small amount of pellets in the morning with some forage and herb treat things like dried rose petals etc and then they get veges in the evening which always varies and can contain anything like greens, broccoli, carrot, spinach, kale, herbs, cucumber, tomato, celery, wild flowers/weeds, grass, teeny bits of fruit etc etc

Chudleighs is a mix, not pellets
Fat is a term of endearment

Did I read somebody say dried mint leaves....?

Yep, mint is okay, blackberry leaves are yummy too, and dandelions and a litle bit of fresh grass.

Tam

we feed our plumpish middle-aged Lola frenchy on science selective (not too much), lots of quality hays and grasses, spring greens, carrot tops, kale, pear, fresh herbs (the full pot :lol: ) and grass. not the whole lot at once though :)

she also gets dried blackberry leaves, plantain, mint etc and the occasional treat box from bunnybasics which has dried apple or banana in it.

no shop bought treats as she would just eat them all in one go without hesitation :shock:

So could I pick blackberry leaves myself, give them a wash and then dry them for my buns? And the same with spearmint that I have?

My frenchies get Allen and Page pellets mixed with readigrass, veggies in the morning plus loads of meadow hay. At night they get readigrass, hay, herbs and veggies. Hay is always in their trays, racks, balls etc :D For treats they get forage finds - free non poisnous weeds from the lane. They also have some herbal hay :D Ooo and Barley rings :lol:

Back