• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oats

Rabbers

Mama Doe
When people say they give their bunny oats to help them put on weight, how much do you give normally, how often and *silly question* are they dry oats or made into a mash with water?

I have a slightly sickly bun - she's had blood and urine tests, but nothing came up. She gets lots of UTI and looks a little underweight and her fur is always a bit straggly/half moulted.

I was thinking of giving her some oats. Any other advice?

when duchey had them after being ill i started with a teeny amount of dry oats a couple of times a day and increased it to about a dessertspoon full a couple of times a day. not sure if that is too little or too much but it helped her put on the weight she had lost through being ill :)

hope you bun is feeling better soon :D

Evo doesn't have them to put on weight, but has a very small pinch as a treat. He lurves them, and I hide them in his hay so he has to snuffle through and find them.

Back