• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disgusting Price

MollyMay

Warren Scout
I went to my local pets at home store yesterday, to get some hay. And they had a Giant House Rabbit there, when i looked at the price i could not believe my eyes, they wanted £129 for him.
I think that is absolutly disgusting, when there are so many unwanted rabbits out there. They should be ashamed of themselves.

That is their standard price for giants. It includes neutering (I bleieve) so I don't think its too bad. And if ti stops people from impulse buying then its all good :D

I think the price is good, If someone wanted a rabbit for there kid i am sure the wont pay out £129 for a bunny, It would be only people who have thought about it that will buy one (i hope anyway)

Yes thats very true. it does stop impulse buying.
I felt really sorry for him, poor little chap. I hope someone buys him soon, and he doesnt spend months cooped up on his own, Its really bad though when there are so many unwanted rabbits, that are looking for loving homes, and somone buys a rabbit for £129.

They have a got a couple in the Gloucester P@H too. It is good that they are next to the baby lops and netherland dwarfs because it really shows how big they are already.... i don't know how many people will be interested in buying one from P@H though

I don't suppose that was pets at home at Preston was it?

Have they got one in then? Blackburn P@H is the one I tend to go to and they have the huge hutches and have rearranged space but have yet to get a giant in, I was hoping they'd decided there was no demand in this area

They have had a couple in Eastbourne, too.......same price, £129. No neutering was included in the price. (Yes, I AM cheeky, and I DID call the store and ask!!!:lol: ) The first one I saw there was an Agouti.......I asked them if it was a Continental Giant or a British Giant or a Flemish Giant......and they didn't KNOW ! :roll: He was in there for WEEKS before anyone bought him......and the next one they got in was a black French Lop.:(

There is one in our local store as well - sounds to me like they're something different to draw people into the store / get people talking.:roll:

They have had a couple in Eastbourne, too.......same price, £129. No neutering was included in the price. (Yes, I AM cheeky, and I DID call the store and ask!!!:lol: ) The first one I saw there was an Agouti.......I asked them if it was a Continental Giant or a British Giant or a Flemish Giant......and they didn't KNOW ! :roll: He was in there for WEEKS before anyone bought him......and the next one they got in was a black French Lop.:(

I was just about to say there was one in the Eastbourne branch, I also went to Worthing one and they also has one in.

Where abouts are you, must be close if we both go to eastbourne branch, I'm in Peacehaven :wave: Hello!

We went to pets at home tonite near us, and they did not have any pets in as they are getting new homes...
which is good as they always looked bored.

got a big ball for the rabs to push and they keep chasing eachother with it x

There is one in Redditch also.....does anyone know why they advertise it as a "Giant House Rabbit" i.e why specify "house"?

Back