• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

World's LARGEST Rabbit

Majiks

Young Bun
0,,383635,00.jpg

not sure if i believe it. but i thought i would share it with you all:)

yea he's from Germany.
and Korea wanted him to go raise other large rabbits for more meat produce:shock:

:evil: :evil: Yep, this pic came out during the Wallace and Gromit and the Wererabbit movie, and further fuelled the craze for giant rabbits, hence P@H are now selling them.:cry: So many rush in to buy with no real thought.

And yeah, now that man is seling them to Korea for meat.:cry: I'm guessing South Korea, not North Korea? :roll:

oh i know. poor buns.
if i bred enormous buns, i would at least sell them to responsible owners who had the time, money, and spce to take care of one.
poor things:cry:

I don't believe it, there would be more photos than that one if he really was breeding huge ones. I think it's a trick photo and the angle makes it look much bigger. I keep contis and there's no way they would get that big unless he's using radiation or breeding them with great danes! :D

thir not being sent to korea anymore :)
they worked out it would take more food to feed them and get them that size than they would actually get from the meat :)

Big bunnies are so adorable:D I want a flemish giant one day....probably as a house rabbit...I once suggested for my school (which is an agriculture school, we have plenty of rabbits and other small critters) to buy a Flemish giant and a polish, just to show of:roll: +the fact that I love big bunnies:D
I really doupt we have room for such a large rabbit though:rolleyes: unless the stable girls would let us have one of the horse-boxes:lol: The biggest we've got now is a checkered giant and even he's underweight:shock: (while most of the dwarf lops are almost sickenly fat sometimes:shock: trying to get people to understand the dwarves do not need full bowls of pellets every day:shock: )

Call me evil if you like but I don't really see anything wrong about eating rabbits. The first domestic rabbits were bred for meat also is there really much difference between a rabbit and a pig? Cept that the rabbit looks cuter?
I wouldn't be able to eat my own bunnies of course but I know a few people who have tasted rabbit and they say it's pretty good.

Call me evil if you like but I don't really see anything wrong about eating rabbits. The first domestic rabbits were bred for meat also is there really much difference between a rabbit and a pig? .

I don't agree with eating pig either, how can anyone watch charlotte's web and not agree that pigs are cute!!! :(

Wasn't there that thing a while ago (may be Korea) where they were sent some giant rabbits to start breeding for food for the poor but the leader (king or president or someone?) ate them all at a large banquet or something?? :(

I would never eat rabbit myself but in an instance like that to get food for people who really do need it I can understand why it was done.

I eat chicken, pig and pork and part of me actually would want to taste rabbit:oops:
Chickens are extremely cute as well, but they taste so good.... I could never make it as a vegetarian as I can't stand most vegetables (I feed that to my rabbits :roll: ) but I wouldn't eat my own pets.

Another thing I've noticed with giant buns is that they often seem to be gentler than the small ones. My friend breeds french lops, and they're big teddy bears! Not as big as the flemish giants of course but their temper is wonderful:D

Another thing I've noticed with giant buns is that they often seem to be gentler than the small ones. My friend breeds french lops, and they're big teddy bears! Not as big as the flemish giants of course but their temper is wonderful:D

Alice is very gentle but if she doesn't want to do something believe me she won't do it unless she wants to, usually around bed time, and she figures she doesn't have to go yet :lol: She has a wonderful temperament and is so friendly, always wants to know what you are doing.

I remember reading this and I don't believe this at all. Its the camera angle and the man looks tiny. Also it says the rabbit is kept in a hutch so it can't be that big!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4670000/newsid_4676900/4676904.stm[IMG]

It actually says the rabbit is 7.7kgs and my Radar is bigger than that by over a kilo! :shock:

Like everything else in the papers its a load of rubbish ! :roll:

Last edited:
I remember the pic in the paper and it gave the rabbits weight and size and it basically weighs 2lb heavier than Josh one of my Giants and was the same height, so I definately think it is the way the pic as been taken.

have this picture on my locker at work.
the rabbit is called herman and lives in germany.
however my mate told me that she heard that this man breeds these rabbits for meat and sents them to korea ????? :shock:

Back