• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would You Trust Them With Your Bunny Should You Die?

I don't do RSPCA bashing (how could I with five of ours from Blackpool RSPCA) but other than the picture on the left all that's mentioned in the text is cats and dogs :roll: ?

Neil

I saw the advert on TV the other night.

I find it really confusing...how does it differ from when somebody dies without having given a donation to the RSPCA?

The advert stated that the RSPCA would TRY to find a home from your animal/s, but I couldn't see any promise that they would find a home for them.

I went to my local RSPCA ARC this weekend to choose a husbun for Charlotte.

I was shocked to read on leaflet i was given that although they are a RSPCA ARC they do not recieve any money from the RSPCA, or Government! They rely totally on donations at the ARC and fundraising they do themselves!

They need to raise £1800 per day! I don't know what would happen if there was nowhere for people to turn to when they decide they can't cope any longer with care of their pet.

If millions of pet owners signed up to this how could the RSPCA cope with the influx of animals given that they have limited spaces/resources - particularly as it is a free service and you don't actually have to donate anything?
Couldn't it just turn out to be one huge long waiting list to get the pets rehomed?

I wouldn't sign up for it - I've made provision in my will for any pets that outlive me!

I think its a great idea. There must be loads of people that have no family or friends that would take on their pets should they die - they must worry themselves sick about what happens to them. In this case they can know that the animal will get cared for.

Maybe I am naive but wouldn't a rescue centre or the rspca look after the animals anyway. They don't guarantee they won't put them down do they. I wouldn't and having a rare heart condition this is something I had to consider but my mum and dad have promised to look after them if anything should happen (I am only 22 so my rents are young enough to do it.)

my partner, or if w ewere to pas stogether good friend have a choice: get my lump sum from work, but only if you take on teh animals (they're a package deal ;-))

Nope. My family have instructions on how to find my bunnies good homes and how to look after them if anything happens to me. And they have a link to here incase they have questions :D

Well I don't get all the stick the RSPCA get, but you must remember my experiance of teh RSPCA is my local one, which is run by Lucyhp on here and she's an animal nutter, so I would say I would trust her with my buns. :lol:

Back