• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disinfectant to clean rabbit hutch

Nik-Nak

Warren Scout
Hi

Rockie and Frizby are almost at the point where I can put Rockie into Frizbys hutch.

The bonding is going well since Rockie was neuterd, and we can leave them in the run together for a few hours without any fighting or nipping.

I was just wondering what kind of disinfectant to use to clean Frizbys hutch so that it doesn't smell of Frizby in there so they can make it a happy home together?

You can use White vinegar, but what I would do is (if you can get a semi-nice day like today) try and hose out the cage to completely clean everything out. (obviously be sure to let the cage dry before you put bedding or the bunnies in ;) )The disenfectant I use is called Keep it Clean, and comes in different smells too (lemon, coconut, and lavender, i believe)! It works great and really keeps the smell down.

U/D here's a link, but you could probably find it in a nearby pet shop.

http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/ecommerce/Scripts/prodView~idproduct~807.htm

Last edited:
I use a plant bottle spray with one part bleach to 10 parts water for all my cleaning - it won't take so long to dry off if it's a spray either.

Back