• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Bonding Going Well?!?

Daisy Pants

Young Bun
:wave: We brought home Osars' lady friend yestedray.. he has been chasing her round lots.. humped her and they sat together - albeit a foot apart spread out last night.. they seem to be back to chasing again today - neither are being viscious but they go round and round and round.. is this going well or do they need some alone time in a smaller room??

Thank you ! here they are..

TOGETHER

100_0995.jpg

OSCAR GOT BORED:

100_0988.jpg

POPPY GOT BORED:

100_0986.jpg

Last edited:
Chasing and humping is normal and you need to just let them get on with it, but watch carefully that they dont get hurt :D How much room do they have? I think its easier to bond in a smallish space, but with enough room for them to get away from each other if they need to :D Do you have a neutral room in your house you could use? Or if your gardens big a pen you could put them in? Im bonding at the moment too and its scary :lol: Im using my mums bedroom because they have never been in there before x

Thanks Becky.. we have now moved in to the bathroom! Both are stretched out ignoring each other!! Oh dear.. :oops: I hope they cuddle up soon!!

Good luck wit your bonding too..

x

Thanks Becky.. we have now moved in to the bathroom! Both are stretched out ignoring each other!! Oh dear.. :oops: I hope they cuddle up soon!!

Good luck wit your bonding too..

x

Thanks :D Sounds like its going ok to me. Trip and Scarlett ignored each other for a little while and they love each other now so dont worry, I think it can take a few days for them to start grooming and cuddling sometimes x

Ignoring one another is good! That's a sign that they're aware of the other rabbit, and working out how much of a threat it is/if it can be trusted. It's quite rare, apparently, to introduce two rabbits and for them to immediately snuggle up together. As for the chasing and humping, yep, that's the two of them working out who is boss. ^^ It's a good thing to keep an eye on it, as sometimes the submissive bunny can get tired of being constantly humped and try and bite the other to tell them to stop, but otherwise it's fine. If they're lying down near[ish] to each other, then they're either both relaxed in the presence of the other, or they're pretending to be... Either way, it sounds like your bonding is on track!

It sounds like all is going well.
I know that you wish they will cuddle soon - but usually bonding takes more time than the humans have patience ;)
Don't worry, take it easy!

Back