• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Size of Nethie poo's

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
Sorry about the poo question, I was inspecting Harry's poos and they seem quite small. But then he is a netherland dwarf, but they're about the size of those petit pois peas, and he's doing plenty of them. Is there something wrong??

He's not that keen on hay, I haven't seen him eat that much of it. Maybe he's eating it when I'm not looking:roll: He isn't too thrilled with veg either, he only ate a small piece of spring green leaf this morning.

Nicola

What was his previous diet like?

Dillon has teeny tiny poo's as does Marley and Im sure Tyler did too.

One of our regular boarders is a gorgeous white netherland dwarf and I remember being amazed at the amount of poo that came out of such a small bun. Must easily be a good desertspoonful in one go and she is perfectly healthy and a gorgeous well tempered rabbit

My nethie Tia used to poo about twice as much as the others :shock: quite small when I got her but as she started eating more hay they got a bit bigger (and yes I was so proud! :oops: :lol: )

I dunno about a nethie but Scamp weighs just under 700g and his poops are as big as my two lionheads. It pretty amazing the amount he produces too!

There are plenty of poo's. They're just small.

I think he was on excel previously, they didn't bring him with any there was just a bowlful in his cage.

We're trying to encourage him to eat more hay, cos his cage had sawdust on the bottom and then a layer of hay over the whole cage. So I don't think he associated hay with food that much. He came with a litter tray but he just lays in it and poo's and wee's everywhere else.

So I cleaned it all out and have just lined it with newspaper and put megazorb and hay in his tray. I also moved it to the opposite end of the cage.

He wasn't too impressed and thumped a few times when he went back in last night:roll:

Nicola

I knew this photo would come in handy again!
P5310027.jpg

Squidgy, Salt and Pepper (all nethies) poops are on the left. They eat a lot of hay. However, Squidgy in particular poops sooooo many poops in a day. Much more than Bobby adn Ruby, so maybe it's quantity more that size!

Back