• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandilion leafs?

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Are to many bad for a rabbit? i picked some from my boss's house as they were huge but wasnt sure if too many would cause bloat or anything? x

I gave mine an enormous bundle of them late one evening last summer, and Floss pigged out on them. The next morning she obviously was suffering with stomach pain. Now I give just a few leaves at a time, with no problems.

Jack used to have a handful every day when i could get them - he loved them and never seemed to have any problems. I would introduce them to your bun carefully though to prevent tummy upsets.

If they are fresh, they're fine, but fermenting or wilted plants can cause bloat apparently. They also have a diuretic effect! :) I would feed just a few at a time to be on the safe side :)

I only normally feed one or 2 small ones at a time every now and then or else Muffin can get quite loose - he much prefers the actual flower heads to the leaves.
I know you probably already have done so, but more important is to make sure your boss hasn't used a weedkiller or other form of pesticide on them at all.

thanks everyone. she has had them there for a while and i keep eyeing them up, :lol: :lol: they were still fresh. x

I give them a lot. But of course, mine are used to it. They need to be given very little if they're not used to it then gradually more.

I give him them all the time but only a couple of leafs, i wasnt sure if to many would upset his stomach though.
thanks everyone xx

Back