• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Quick (easy) questions.......YELLOW PAGES HELP

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
1) Yellow pages - Ok to be left in the cage at all times? Any probs with them? My 2 have never had one but they are destroying their brand new hutch and run and ate a giant willow ball in about 3 days!!!

2) Varnish? Any bunny safe varnishes to use on a hutch to go over where they have chewed to death. Needs re-waterproofing!

Thanks all- great if u can help :D

Last edited:
Don't know about the Yellow Pages, but instead of varnishing the hutch why not just tack some plasterers mesh over the areas that can be nibbled? It's flexible so can be bent round corners. It's an instant fix and you don't have to wait for it to dry!!:lol:

I don't know what the manufacturers use at the hutches.
But this toy varnish is nontoxic, even if they chew pieces off.
You will find it in do-it-yourself stores.

I leave yellow pages in with them constantly, its a big favourite with all my bunnies and they have a lot of fun with it scratching and digging on it. A yellow pages lasts my lop family of 6 about 3 months until its just about only the binding left!:D

I leave yellow pages in with them constantly, its a big favourite with all my bunnies and they have a lot of fun with it scratching and digging on it. A yellow pages lasts my lop family of 6 about 3 months until its just about only the binding left!:D

aww thanks, i just wandered if the ink gets toxic over time.............

but sounds great to me :D

Back