• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broody - UPDATE!!!!!!

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
For another bun! but not practical...... oh help

I want a big fat giant house bun with loads of cuddles for me. My 2 are mean and selfish and dont love me :(

Last edited:
I can't deny my preference is for Giants. Do you hand feed them at all? Do you lay on the floor with your arms under your body...that way they feel less threatened because they can't see the arms that may grab them?

Neil

I've been bunny brody for about a month now, so when the opportunity to take a free ad bun as a foster for Happy Hoppers Rescue, I jumped (or should that be hopped :lol: ) at the chance!!

Just have to convince hubby to let me keep him;)

He thinks we don't have room for 7, I'm like 'well we have room for 6 and 1 more won't make that much difference':D

My advice is get another pair or 2!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicola

I'm getting all broody for a third rabbit... Which I've never done before. Most I've owned at any one time has been two. And I know I'm being ridiculous, because I haven't even been able to collect my second one yet. :roll: The thing is, I have a spare cage which is rather large - it housed my two guinea pigs a few years ago. And once I buy my new, bigger run, I'll have a fairly large 'spare' run.

And I keep going back to stare at a ginger lop eared doe on the free ad website thingie... The owner wants rid of her because 'she doesn't get on with her other rabbits'... Which makes me irritated, because it doesn't say she's spayed, so they can't like her THAT much if they've not explored all options to rectify this... And she's only 5 miles from me... Ack.

I'm going to go do something sensible and constructive.

So am I :oops: I said that if Buu and Beau dont get on I will rescue them each a bunny friend but even if they do get on I think I might rescue another pair anyway :D Need to find somewhere to live first though because my mum doesnt want any more :lol:

Aww go get him/her right now, ignore practicality and follow your heart.
Big fat giant house bun with loads of cuddles need someone to love them ;)

i know what you mean................

i just get upset when i see ppls threads were there bunnies are sitting with them on the sofa or licking them etc..........

i know mine look to me for support when they are scared but other than that i see no real bond

None of my rabbits have ever sat next to me on the sofa. :) The rabbit before my current one, Bonnie, wasn't affectionate with me at all. She was a bossy little madam who seemed to find me very annoying most the time... :oops: To be fair, I probably was.

Have you tried working with your bunnies to try and build a stronger bond? You could try sitting with them whilst they're running free for a couple of hours per day [if possible] and offering them treats when they come and get close?

Awww, I know how hard it is!! Although I definately dont want more babbits (are you mad?! :lol:), I am soooo desperate for another dog, have been getting broodier and broodier the past few months, and finally am fit to burst!!! Visit all the 'old doggies needing homes' sites every day :love: Not allowed though :cry: xX

went to garden centre and pet shop just- fell in lovew with the baby rexes- and cried and cried but my other half said NO!!!!!!!! NO! NO!!! NO!!!!!

now its all over im glad because rescue is best :(

....also- for those who never saw the other thread..............

Hes now said yes to 2 MORE BUNS................. when i have a shed :roll: :roll: :roll:

I definately recommend hand feeding pellets. Barney didn't used to like being stroked at all but since he got ill I've been hand feeding him virtually everyfeeding time so that I know they are both eating and he has got so much more friendly and much more calm around me, the difference is really amazing.

I know what you mean, I used to read people's posts and think that Pippa and MJ were nothing like that. They're friendly enough but don't really need or appreciate my company. Then I got Teddy and he's a totally different character, he loves being stroked and nose rubs, pity he's outside really but the OH is allergic to hay so I got him a friend but he still prefers humans tbh. So it's down to personality I think rather than breed and a bit of luck ;)

I found I bonded with mine a lot more after I started giving them massages :D They love it and will just flop right up against me when im done :D

Back