• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How strange!

Lillian

Warren Veteran
About half an hour ago Hattie went for a quick run around the garden, a butterfly flew passed her and suddenly she pushed it to the ground with her front paws and began eating it :shock: I heard it crunching me her mouth as its wings fluttered. I chased her and she dropped it but she had chewed a chunk of the back of it and its insides were coming out :shock: So i decided that i must put it out of its misery as there was no way it would survive. It felt horrible to kill something so beautiful :cry: I can't believe Hattie was actually going to eat it!! Has your rabbits ever done anything like that?

A long time ago, one of my first bunnies was licking the floor of the hutch (they were outside so we thought it was t get salt from the rain) and licked up a bug too! It was only a little bug, but she didn't bat an eyelid!

Eurghhhh that actually made me feel a bit sick... I've never witnessed it myself, but I dont see why buns wouldnt eat the odd insect. I know theyre usually veggies but I guess there is some nutritional value to creepy crawlies......:lol:

My first rabbit once was intent on catching, and eating, a caterpillar she found... Actually, it was my fault. I found it, and it was such a pretty caterpillar. :( There was nobody around to admire it, and I was sat by the run so I turned to show her and she got really, REALLY interested and kept trying to grab it... Luckily she didn't manage to get it, but still... I looked at her in a whole new way after. o_o;

Back