• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want my new bunny girl now. :)

casu consulto

Mama Doe
We found out earlier this week that our home check proved satisfactory and that we could adopt a black doe from an RSPCA rehoming centre. We were told that she'd be booked in for spaying at the end of the week, or early next week... How long d'you think it'd be after she was spayed before she could be given to us? Do rabbits recover quickly, or slowly, from being spayed?

I'm going to buy the hutch tomorrow. ^^ It'll be kept in the garage until she arrives... Otherwise I expect Barney will be completely puzzled at an empty hutch facing his own...

Could you ask the rehoming centre to bond your bunny before adoption takes place. My ARC are going to bond my bunny before I adopt and therefore i do not have to buy a new hutch or take the risk that the new bunny is acceptable to my doe.

I'm fairly certain that the RSPCA place doesn't offer bonding...
But the rabbit I was due to adopt died a few days after her spay. .-. However, I'm possibly adopting a Dutch doe from the same place I adopted Barney last year. They also don't offer bonding. But I've bonded rabbits before, and don't mind buying the second hutch. It wasn't very expensive, and I like having a 'spare'.

Ohh poor Bun :cry:

I only ask cause i'm doing the same as you. My rehoming centre is taking my Doe in for a few days to bond her. Hopefully she will get on with the buck we have chosen, but if not they will try her with others :D

Just waiting for her to get over her spay. She had it on monday! They said at least 1 1/2weeks before trying to bond her.

Good luck with your bonding. I've never done it so think its great they can help me avoid a mismatch.

I know. :( It was quite upsetting to get that phonecall saying she'd passed away...

I was wondering how long after a spay to wait before introducing. I need a project at the moment, I have nothing else to do. :rolleyes: And when I have nothing to do, I have problems with anxiety, so hopefully this bonding should do me good. And Barney seems like a very friendly rabbit, he's always very interested in other rabbits, cats and people... Hopefully he'll enjoy having another bunny to get to know.

Hope your bunny bonds with her new friend! ^-^

Ah.. I know how you feel... I was impatient when I adopted Dolly from the RSPCA as I also had to wait a week for my home check, then for her to be spayed and then recover. All in all it was about 2 and a half weeks from first visiting the rescue centre to taking her home. Not really long at all, and of course worth the wait - I went to visit her the middle weekend as well :D

Oh.. in answer to your question I had to wait about a week from her spey, by that time her stitches were out. Whether that's the normal amount of time of now I don't know?

Hannah

Back