• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

temp. housing help!

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry for the long post in advance!

My boyfriend and I are moving in together but unfortunately our house has fallen through just as we were supposed to be moving in. :censored: We've found another place but need to go through all the rigmoral of the survey etc again.

My boyfriend's lease has now run out and he thought he was able to extend it till september but apparently not and so as of tuesday he's (and 5 buns!) now homeless. Luckily some people at his work have rallied round, one has a 'lock up' he runs so he has a place for all his stuff and our furniture and someone's offered him a bunk in a spare room.

I've volunteered to take some buns (4 are currently living together while one has decided she hates all rabbit kind) and another friend has an outbuilding for her to live in. Problem is the 4 are currently in a large brick shed with a 5x2 hutch (as bed) in it with an enclosed yard as a run. I don't have the shed or yard here and all 4 can't stay in the hutch together.

Hopefully it will be as short a time as possible but does anyone have any tips on housing them outside as comfortably as possible? I'm going to attach the run I've just built (7X4) to the hutch and try to shelter it a bit. I've got a spare dog crate so I don't know if it would just be better to split them up for now and rebond later?

My parents don't really want more pets inside though. :-/ We do have a tin shed with the tumble drier in and stuff but not sure how safe it would be?

Please help!

Last edited:
Back