• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pigs

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
Today i adopted two 4 month old sows from the RSPCA, they have been playing for 4 hours together, with no serious fights. I may house them together tonight, hope i'm not rushing it.
So hopefully i'll still be adopting Ozzy to join my four girlies!
x

Me too! They are sooo cute. They look like sisters to my Sheltie. Same colouring but shorter hair. Do you think its too soon to house them together?

If they have been together for 4 hours already, I wouldn't separate them now, but that is only my opinion. With piggys, I have always found that sows won't tolerate each other immediately if there is going to be a problem. In the past, when I have had girl piggys, I have introduced them in a large run, and then moved them to the hutch. Problems surface pretty much straight away, but sometimes you have to let them sort it out. Abit of chasing and teeth chattering is usual, but obviously separate them if it's more serious. I'm no expert though, but hope I have helped.

Back