• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how high can a pig jump?

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
question is kind of in the title!!! :lol:
I'd like to know how high a guinea pig can jump/scrabble/climb... I'm thinking of runs here - please don't take into account the 'predators getting in' aspect - I've already thought of that - I'd just like to know what height is sufficient to keep piggy in!!! :D

When they really want to they can jump a bit. I've had them jump out of the sink before during a bath! All the sorts of runs you can buy are more than high enough though. I always have a lid on them, but that's to stop something getting at them, rather than them jumping out.

I only had one when I was a kiddy but I don't remember him jumping. They don't look like they have the bodies for it the cute little chunker.

Not very high, although mine did sort of binky a bit. Mine preferred to climb on boxes etc.

A run of 18 inches high would be more than enough.

Tara used to have a shelf in her cage which she liked to jump on top of, and Florence used to have the top off a cat carrier, where she'd jump to get away from her swarming babies - so about 6" I think - they have teeny legs and big bellies - not very athletic :lol:

It all depends on the pig, most of mine can't jump much but William Wuzzy... wow can he jump, out of boxes, out of the bath!!! yes he's the magic jumping guinea pig!! but i think he is in a legue of his own so i wouldn't worry!! :D

My pig Gandalf (RIP) once climbed out of his run!!! I was in the living room, and looked out of the patio doors to see a him balancing precariously on the top edge of the run. He had only been in there 5 minutes, and I was on my way back out to put his food dish in, and put the lid on. I'll never know how he did it, but I've never seen anything like it since!!! :lol:

Back