• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spudsey wild bunny 13 weeks old

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Spudsey wild bunny 13 weeks old UPDATE NOW 9!!!

:wave: Hello my name is Spudsey and I am 13 weeks old. I was found on my new mum and dads allotment when I was just a few days old with my 3 brothers Parsnip, Carrot and Radish we were all named after vegetables as thats where we were found!

My new parents tried moving us outside of the allotment so our mum could find us again but she kept missing us. After two nights outside our new mum took us all to the vets to see what to do with us all. She had previously found this website and had read a bit about hand rearing so asked at the vets if it was possible. After a half hour practice at feeding us all and leaving us all wet from milk (mum wasn't very good with the syringe :lol: ) we went back to the allotment to tell 'dad' imagine his surprise!

Sadly two of my brothers died when they were 3 weeks old, 'mum' was very upset as she didn't know what was wrong when she found Parsnip dead. She did some research on the internet and on here and discovered he had some kind of bloat. The next morning Carrot had the same thing. She tried to save him by massaging his tummy to get his guts moving, and giving him special food but he died a couple of days later.

Me and Radish got up to lots of mischief in the weeks that followed, we used to climb our cage together and then land on each other. :lol: We even got to go on holiday to Wales! 'Mum' was very worried about the journey but didn't want to leave us so we went along too. We were meant to be confined to the utility room but managed to get away with the conservatory too. The in-laws thought we were really cute! I picked up lots of tips from Radish who was first to do anything new (and naughty!).

We got back home after surviving the journey back home which was better than the journey there as we settled down in the box together. But sadly after a few days of being home Radish died....

I'm now on my tod, but 'mum' has promised me a pal at some stage, plus is constantly talking about my new accomodation to 'dad' who has a huge task of levelling out the sloping garden and building me a 'bunny shed'. Think 'dad' gets fed up sometimes as all 'mum' seems to do is talk, read, talk, research, talk, think, and dream BUNNY :)

Anyway here our a few photos of me taken yesterday. Mums not too good with the camera so she will try and take some more photos over the weekend to show you how I have grown!

Spudsey x

newbunnyphotosjuly005.jpg

newbunnyphotosjuly004.jpg

newbunnyphotosjuly002.jpg

newbunnyphotosjuly001.jpg

Sorry about the evil bunny look with the red eyes!!! apparently I can correct it but have no idea how to :oops:

Last edited:
Hello

Spudsey is currently 'unavailable' due to playing in her new area which is under the bookcase! what is so fascinating under there I don't know!

She can be very nervous but will settle down on your lap once she has scoffed a few pellets first!

VERY energetic lots of jumps and skips all the time, when she has a rest she normally sits under the radiator near the settee.

Suzanne

1538932_10152045654436120_2443753943483045371_n.jpg
This little madam was 9 last week :) :) :)

Thought I would update this thread to show those who remember her that she is still with me :)

Her boyfriend on the right is Bracken.

Last edited:
It's lovely to see she is still with us - Scamp's about to turn nine too. It's amazing isn't it!!

How's her behaviour? Scamp naps slightly more I think but when he's up and about he still moves at top speed - had to nab him out from under a bed this morning after he made a quick dash through the baby gate :lol:

Beautiful picture. Amazing to think that a wildie could reach 9, because it's unlikely they'd ever get near to that in the wild. :love:

Back