• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good brushes?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
This is going to sound a stupid question, but anyone got any good brushes for bunnies that they'd recommend? Mine are really moulting now (particularly since they've been indoors), and I have a soft brush that just doesn't do anything! :roll: I also have a fairly hard brush which they are going to hate. In fact, they are a nightmare to brush (particularly Dusty), as they just struggle and run off. :roll:

I got one of those JML dog grooming mits which work well :) Also the small animal slicker brushes are good for rabbits that moult in tufts rather than shed slowly

I use a slicker brush on Trip and just baby brushes on the others :D It takes ages while they are moulting but they wont sit and be brushed with anything harder :D

I use a comb. Barney hates brushes... He's constantly twisting around to try and bite a brush if I come at him with one. And the comb is very fine, and somehow manages to find the loose fur that I just don't know is there. He likes the comb...

I use a comb although im not all together sure that marsha loves it as much as lilly. When i brush lilly, she'll happily site there. marsh just wants to be off x

Hmm... managed to get a few 'chunks' of loose fur out of Dusty, but think I need something industrial! Will go on a hunt...

i use a metal cat flea comb on my lot.. also got a metal comb with alternate long and short teeth but thats better on thick fur like Nala has ;)

Darcy is so fussy about brushes - I've bought loads over time and he has rejected them all until I got this latest one. Its called Mikki slick brush and he lets me use it on him loads!! It really picks up the fluff without hurting him - altho he does throw the odd strop!:roll: :lol: Its a great brush as Darcy is a real fluffmeister!!:D

I use a slicker brush, but i've found that the best way to get loads of hair off dustbunny in a short bit of time is just pull it out. if it's dead hair, all it needs is a gentle pull, and as he's not that big on any brush, it makes much less of a fuss. Obv wouldn't recommend for everyday grooming but if they're moulting and your buns don't like brushes, try manual!!!

I just use my hands!!! I do have a comb and a brush for knots and tangles, but with moulting I just groom them with my fingers :D

I use a fine-toothed comb as well. There's a bit of a knack to it, but if you keep it quite flat to their bodies and comb through firmly but gently, I do find it takes a lot of the undercoat out which you would normally wouldn't see.

Rosie tolerates this for a while but always runs off in the end :rolleyes:

And I use my hands too, for the 'loose' fur - even more effective if your hands are slightly damp.

Have sent the husband out on a 'brush hunt', but will also try again with the comb too. :) I have never known Dusty look so scraggy, and I dont want it to all end up in Clover's stomach! :roll:

Back