• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear- in a bit of a pickle U/D Brill News!!!!!

Dustbunny

Warren Scout
You know that 6x6 run i was very happy about? turns out we won't be able to make it until AFTER we go on vacation for a week as dad never got the wood even though i've been bugging him for the past 2-3 days about it:evil: :evil: :evil: All the hardware shops will be closed for tomm and prob saturday as well, and we leave on sunday/ monday. and obv, all shops will be closed on sunday. :censored: :censored: :evil: :evil:

The major problem is, the person I have lined up to keep an eye on him isn't familiar with rabbits, and doesn't feel comfortable letting him out in the garden during nice days. I trust her as she's kept an eye on him before (for a shorter period of time). she has a dog, so taking the bun to her house wouldn't work. Though she'll be able to give him plenty of love twice a day for 20 mins, say, the rest of the time he'll be cooped up in a 5X 1.5 hutch. for a week. I wouldn't mind making a makeshift pen using part of the garage, but i'm afraid that he will get out and hurts himself on tools or oil, etc when she's not there.

I need to make some phonecalls tommorow and see if one of my friends has a run I could borrow, but to be honest i'm not that optimistic. :cry:

Keeping him in the cage isn't much of an option for me, but neither is letting him out in the garage and risk him getting into something (including wires :shock: )

Does anyone have ANY ideas about what I could possibly do?? i'm really stressed at the moment..... :? :? :? :? :?

Last edited:
As far as I know, DIY shops are open all hours, all days - including Saturday and Sunday - DIY is our national pastime, so you should be able to pop to a retail park somewhere and find what you need.

Are you sure your neighbour can even handle rabbits? It would be awful if she dropped him, so make sure she knows how to pick him up and put him down (putting them down seems to be more difficult than picking them up sometimes.

It was the 12th of july yesterday, so everything's closed for a coupla days. Trust me here- basically nothing's open.

And yes, my friend knows how to handle rabbits as I showed her how.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelfth

lol shows how many people aren't from NI here!!!:roll:

I won't express my views on these events as I don't want to start a political debate, however it's basically a huge national holiday in NI with mostly protestants celebrating their union with the UK. it's very confusing so I won't go into detail, but because catholics are as a majority nationalists (with Ireland), and protestants are as a majority unionists (with the UK), it is a contriversal holiday of sorts from both political and religious standpoints.

AND EVERYTHING'S CLOSED :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh I see - your avatar lists your location as UK - maybe you should change it to NI if you want local information?

;) gotcha elve

Just rang my friend who used to own a rabbit.. she doesn't have a run. I was hoping she would have.

Well... what I may have to end up doing is clearing out a bit of the garage and just have my friend put him down there (under supervision) on raining days :)lol: :lol: every day then) and if it's a nice day take em outside... we'll see how that goes or if she feels ok with that, but I still hate to keep them cooped up :(

could you not put all the tools up one end, then put something over them or some wood up against them for now.or couldnt bun go indoors and have a run in a room you have bun proofed.

No, I can't keep them in a bun-proof room (but a good idea nonetheless!) as our friends that own the home aren't thrilled about pets in the house (it's a weird situation- don't ask ;) ). The only room that we could even possibly use has wires which we wouldn't be able to move away from the floor, making it out of the question.

I did just box off a small section where the buns can run while she's there, so while it's not perfect, at least they do get a tiny tiny bit of time to run about a little.

turns out, we'll be leaving on Monday. Meaning that the shops might be open (if we're lucky) and if they can get it cut, we'll be able to put the run together!!!!!!!!

We'll have to finish it once we get back- ie sanding, etc, but I don't think dustbunny will care too much how rough the top of the wall is ;)

Back