• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are your Rabbits scared of the dark?

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
When I turn the lights off in the rest of the flat apart from living room, my buns get too nervous about going to the kitchen! If I turn the kitchen light on they are fine again. They have two giant poopy trays, one in the living room and one in the kitchen. When they get skittish about the dark I bring the hay trough into the living room I also give them little extra titbits to make them feel less skittish...but am starting to feel a bit "played":roll: :lol:

Once I go to sleep and all the lights are off they seem fine and snuggle up near me (or on me!). Then often during the night/early morning they start their running and binky escapades.....so how comes they get so nervous scared in the early evening dark places in the flat?

Is the kitchen floor slippy? Maybe they are just more comfortable in the bedroom as you are there too?

Good point - altho they are happy to charge into the kitchen throughout the daytime!:lol: :lol: My buns have free reign over the whole flat 24/7 so they can choose where they hop! They always go to the kitchen for their SS pellets and hay during the day. Maybe its just a bit more scarey in the dark on slippy floor? The girls are better on it than Darcy. :? I'll have a look for one of those long matt things that are non-slip see if that helps!! What do you do? :D

dont know if there scared but if we leave ours in there run and it starts to get to dark they seem to be more nervous to whats going on around them

dont know if there scared but if we leave ours in there run and it starts to get to dark they seem to be more nervous to whats going on around them

Definately the natural prey-animal reaction. I think with mine, its the shadows caused by the light being on in the living room and then not elsewhere...As soon as all the lights are off they are fine - prob because their eyes adjust and no shadows!:D

Back