• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hair everywhere

So my poor Charm is in a none too clean state and needs a bath but now my house is full of shed hair. Will a bath stop it from getting everywhere? Is there anyway to lay in my bed without hair going up my nose? Am I doomed to breath only hair forever more?

Apart from brushing twice a day to remove the dead fur and offering a conditioning supplement such as Avi-Pro plus ther isnt much you can do during a moult.

I try to avoid bathing rabbits to prevent them from catching a chill or hurting themselves in the bath but when they are filthy there really is no substitute for a deep clean of the fur.....just make sure he is well brushed and dried after....and prepare to be scratched to death :roll:

Yeah, bunnies are very clean naturally, but his fur is still matted in places and brushing is only gonna hurt him and theres stuff stuck in his fur and he stinks of poo, so there's not really much else I can do. He needs to be clean.

Meh I'm already pretty torn up, he can't do much worse. He's an indoor bunny so he'll be fine and I do dry my pets really well. I don't want them catching a cold. Only I'm allowed to sit soaking wet in the house :p

Theres no substitute for shorts and an old t-shirt when bunny bathing.....its easier to get in the bath with them, you get soaked anyway :roll:

there is no substitute for just your bra and panties. Less washing to do and I already have the cuts everywhere and I'm sure the bunny doesn't mind, the piggies don't seem to :p

hehe lucky. I put it in the washer fur free, it came out furry...I'm sure the bunny hair got in there somehow. I've just given up, so long as the under wear is clean against my skin I'm good and I did have a fur taking offy thing for my clothes but it needs re-filling.

I had to use sellotape at work to get the fur of my freshly laundered shirt....people kept asking if I had a dog, I had to explain it was the fur of about 12 different rabbits :lol:

I'm convinced it's a plot. My family dog, my bfs cat and now my bunny....The hair follows me EVERYWHERE! There's cat hair here, I've not seen the cat since before I moved and it lives near London, there's dog hair and that's in Deepcar...!:shock:

You could try a dry bath using cooking cornflour - massage it into the matted, dirty bits and then brush out the dirt? Works with piggies anyway. The other thing I do with the pigs is cut the top of the matt off, then the bottom bit of it just rubs out and they can groom it themselves.

Bathing usually makes matts tighter - think of the felt-making process.

Back