• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lops and uppyears together

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
I often wonder if Molly and Faline are confused by each other's ears, so wondered if anyone else wondered that too? :lol: That sounds silly.

But I notice when faline grooms Molly she grooms his ears up so they'll stay in the air for a while and I wonder if she's trying to make them uppy like hers.

My loppy Maa gave birth to my 4 uppy eared, so that must have been a shock :shock: :lol:

Well. many lop-eared rabbits have uppy-ears when they're babies:roll:
Zakura's mom is also a lop, but all of Zakura's siblings have standing ears like their father (Although they're far bigger than their dad's. I call them dwarf lop ears cept they're standing:roll: )

Well. many lop-eared rabbits have uppy-ears when they're babies:roll:
Zakura's mom is also a lop, but all of Zakura's siblings have standing ears like their father (Although they're far bigger than their dad's. I call them dwarf lop ears cept they're standing:roll: )

Yeah I know lops ears stick up when they are babies :roll: But the 4 uppy eared girls in my siggy are Maa's daughters, now aged nearly 3 - I adopted them as a group of 5 from rescue.

I sometimes wonder how the communicate with one another... 'Cos I know rabbits use their ears for a lot of their 'talking'. But obviously a lop eared bunny can't do this as much as an uppity eared bunny... I wonder about very weird things.

My loppy Maa gave birth to my 4 uppy eared, so that must have been a shock :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Did Dad ask for a paternity test?? :lol: :lol:

My lot are a mix of both and Jacob is a loppy bun and he's the boss and comunicates this just fine!! :D

I sometimes wonder how the communicate with one another... 'Cos I know rabbits use their ears for a lot of their 'talking'. But obviously a lop eared bunny can't do this as much as an uppity eared bunny... I wonder about very weird things.

I wonder that too. If Faline is about to try and steal something from Molly she puts her ears up and forward, then runs away anyway, so maybe she can't tell if he's angry or not? :lol:

Awww my two uppy eared girlies do that to lop Darcy!! His ears never stay up tho they always fall back down - they even have a job holding them up during inside cleaning/grooming!!:lol:

I have noticed how lops (don't if its just french lops with the bigger ears..) are more deaf than uppy ears. I love watching the girls switching their ears about to follow noises....they are always the first to my side when their hear the food storage tin being opened or celery being cut!!:lol:

Bobbin is a mini lop... I just love how he cleans his ears, he sits on his back legs and reaches round with his paws, grabs an ear then wipes it between both paws, soooo cute!

May - lop - seems confused with her ears. More often than no I see her and she has her ears mid-position or up - seems to use them such a lot - does helicopters too - listening with one ear up and one ear down. Such a character.

Barley always has his ears down -he reminds me of a Spaniel.

Back