• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Decisions: Re-Boblet Accomodation

Jane,

I'll be honest, that sounds awfully expensive to me. Do you have an idea in your mind of what you actually want? Is that a compromise on what you want or do you regard it as perfect for your needs? And what about putting it together?

Neil

I think that's quite a good price really - have you got a base made for it and anyone to build it for you Jane?

I think I agree with Neil, it looks great and is a nice space, but I've been looking at sheds lately and found 7 X 4 ones for about £250 and you can get seperate runs for about £100? Which saves you quite a bit and would probably work out bigger.

I feel the dilema though. Our house (which came with shed) just fell through so I'm hunting round to buy a shed to house 4 now, there are just too many to choose from.

edit: have you looked here http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/
they have a sale on at the mo.

Last edited:
We currently have a shed and adjoined run, which when it rains gets wet even though it temporarly has a rain cover. which means the buns cant come out. the one about sorts that problem as it already has a roof...

I do agree its quite expensive. but thats not going to stop us looking at the double one.

That looks pretty good Jane I'm sure they'll be very happy there is plenty of space for them to lounge and binky :D and I know they'll be completely spoiled :lol: What more could a bun want? :D

Esther x

The Doe drop inn ones are £600 for what I think is 8 x 6 which is more weather proofed that the one above. You need to look at the for sale page.

Jane,

I'll be honest, that sounds awfully expensive to me. Do you have an idea in your mind of what you actually want? Is that a compromise on what you want or do you regard it as perfect for your needs? And what about putting it together?

Neil

I dont really know if I actually want The Boblets to be outdoor Buns :?
I worry SO MUCH about the :censored: urban Foxes around here. Also, I have such a close relationship with all the Buns in the house. I would not be able to interact so much with The Boblets if they lived outside. But if they lived outside they'd have more space. Maybe I need my Buns more than they need me..........:? :oops: :?

I still have a lot of thinking to do..............:?

Janex

I worry SO MUCH about the :censored: urban Foxes around here. Also, I have such a close relationship with all the Buns in the house. I would not be able to interact so much with The Boblets if they lived outside. But if they lived outside they'd have more space. Maybe I need my Buns more than they need me..........:? :oops: :?

Janex

It sounds like you need to make decisions first but if you go with the outdoor route please speak to me before making any final decisions on sheds/runs. Maria's father is a builder by trade, he lives in Devon but regularly stays with us to work up here and will travel the country.

Neil

Janex

You are always with your buns arent you? Would it be possible to have them living inside but outside during most of the day so they would still have lots of room. You could have a custom run built especially for the boblets with a covered space for shelter and if your home all day you would be able to keep a close eye on them :D They would still be tucked up for bed in the nice warm house and close to you ;) I dont know if thats a good idea though because I dont know what its like to live close to foxes, I imagine everything has to be very secure so I can see why it would worry you x

you need to fix a massive run to the back of your house, make it all foz proof and give them a cat flap :lol: :lol: ;) :D

i do like the look of that kennel one though :D and i suppose if is is built to keep dogs in hopefully it should be pretty good at keeping foxes out

I totally understand how you feel, Jane. I had mine outside for over a year, but since they've been indoors I feel so much closer to them, and am getting them more used to me etc - it's a much more rewarding relationship. But at the same time, I'm not sure that they prefer being indoors. :?

Me and the husband were talking about it tonight, saying that we can't really see them going back outside, even if they do get well again, but is that for the benefit of us or them?! :?

I totally understand how you feel, Jane. I had mine outside for over a year, but since they've been indoors I feel so much closer to them, and am getting them more used to me etc - it's a much more rewarding relationship. But at the same time, I'm not sure that they prefer being indoors. :?

Me and the husband were talking about it tonight, saying that we can't really see them going back outside, even if they do get well again, but is that for the benefit of us or them?! :?

That's exactly how I feel. I so love being around the Buns all day every day. You get to know each Bun's individual character and can read them like a book. But is it MY needs that are being met as opposed to theirs...........:? :?

Janex

Back