• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A Lot happier today U/D i Have Jess!!

markey78

Warren Scout
Went back to P@H today to check yet again on Jess (been every other day and i think i may be annoying them! but tough!!)

I didnt get her name, but i spoke to a really nice lady, she explained all that had been going on with her treatment, and seemed quite knowledgable. I didnt ask to see her (have been refused before) but as i left she just offered (hope she dont get in trouble)

:censored: hell she has grown in a week and a half!!! but the abscess seems to have gone down and i can have her back when fur starts to grow on the bald patch! yey!!! (poss mon-tue next week!):D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Still going to book her in for a check up though!

Last edited:
Oh good :p And credit to P@H - they didn't 'get rid' of her like I thought - although that's probably because of your keen interest :D

Got a phone call today saying they have found another abscess!:censored:
so it will be another week and a half!!

Wish they had found it earlier though!

Is it a very common bunny ailment? :? :?

Got a phone call today saying they have found another abscess!:censored:
so it will be another week and a half!!

Wish they had found it earlier though!

Is it a very common bunny ailment? :? :?

Where is the second abscess? What was the cause of the first one?
What 'treatment' is Bun receiving?

Janex

It is common for abscesses to recurr or spread if they aren't treated properly in the first place, and sometimes even if they are - they are very hard to get rid of. Unfortunately it's out of your hands so I don't know what more you can do :(

Oooh I had an idea :p If they GIVE her to you, they aren't breaking any rules of trading - suggest that to them? Couldn't she be 'free' with purchase of a cage or something?

im not sure of your story so far, but did you go to purchase this bunny, to find she had an abscess and now P@h are treating it? Personally i would try to do what elve suggested and get her out of there so you can take care of her. If they give her to you, they will not have to worry about vet costs (unless you can agree to go halves with treatment or something?). Abscesses are quite common in bunny's and as elve said, if not treated properly or quickly enough, the original abscess can have tracts coming from it which allow other abcesses to form. Sometimes the only way to be rid of an abscess it to surgically remove the capsule that the abscess is in. If it is just drained and treated with antibiotics, the capsule can fill again once the course has finished. best of luck to you!

They told Clair the new abscess was on the same side as the old one?:cry: Thats all they said.

I asked if i could have the rabbit and they said no, even tried to explain it would be cheaper for them because i would pay the vet bills!

I even told them i spend the £26.00 on any old :censored: in the shop if they gave me her but.....no

Vet is supposed to be looking at her today after lunch, so i plan to stake out the store and wait for her/him! (sad i know)

Awww, that's a shame, at least they noticed the second one and are treating it.

I have to admit, I think it would be worse if they did just give her to you - after all, they don't know whether you will actually take bunny to the vets or not. I would definitely be worried if they just 'gave back' a rabbit on demand just so they were spared the vets bills :?

Hope bunny makes a full recovery soon, and is home safe with you asap! :)

Well my not so covert plan failed misserably!

To the point i had site security looking at me all afternoon!:lol: :lol:

I guess i got to read most of a book, so not a total waste of time!

Still dont know anything though, apart from "she is being treated!"

I'll still go badger them tomorrow though! :lol:

You must be the first person to stalk a bunny :lol: Hope they don't throw you out :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah they just think im nuts!

Over the last couple of weeks i have realised how many bunns they sell!!!

OMG i hope they all get good homes! you must be talking 40 - 45:? :?

And finally we have Jess home! they have told us to bath her scabs in salt water a few times a day :?

So im going to book the pair of them into the vets next week.

Here she is (waited three weeks for her)

Jess.jpg

Thats not my hairy chest, its Clair's - honest ! :oops:

Back