• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just a little something that was on my mind =)

hello!

i've had narcisa for exactly a week today, and even though i'm not new to rabbits, i'm extremely proud of my baby :D

when she first came home from the pet shop, she basically had no personality (she's always sweet, don't get me wrong!) but now she's really come into her own and i even think she's starting to bond with me. like right now, she's sitting on my chest as i type and she's not trying to hop away. my old rabbits did that up until i had to give them away, and that took 2.5 years! i know this is probably nothing new for you all, but seriously...don't let scotty hear this :lol: ...i am in love all over again. she's just precious! and it seems like she's grown so much in just a week. she was tiny when i got her, and i'm sure she weighs nearly a pound now!!! i don't care if she's not the "perfect" rabbit, if the markings on her feet are off, if her coloration isn't exactly what they ask for, if she's got an off-colored eye. she's not intended to be a show rabbit like my old bunny boys. but i sure do show her off to everyone. and to me, she's absolutely PERFECT. and i love her so much.

i'm also proud of her because she peed on my sister the second day of her new life with the Mahaffey family :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i probably shouldn't laugh, but it was funny. i knew then she was my kind of bunny.

but mostly because she's learning to use her litter box outside, and i'm going to try one inside for when she's in my room. she lives outside except for when it's extremely hot {ohio weather is a bummer} and then i bring her in and let her run around.

anyway, i just wanted to say that i'm extremely excited about watching her grow up to be a big, healthy bunny. i'm calling the vet's office where my cousin works to see how much it will be to get her spayed in late august or september {they have experience with every type of animal}. heck, my mom even loves her, and she isn't too fond of small animals. granted we don't love the poop, but she'll be litter trained soon enough.

i also wanted to say that this THE FRIENDLIEST FORUM i have EVER visited. i've belonged to forums about geckos, bass guitars, pianists, music, even stupid teenage problems when i was 13 or 14 and not a one of them has been as welcoming and as helpful as all of you. narcisa is even perking her ears up for you, she knows you care, and so do i.

again, thank you, and i hope to stay on here for a long time. i hope to expand my knowledge of rabbits, though i've had lots of experience with them, every rabbit is different and it just takes time and trials to fully know the way they think and the way they behave. also, when i'm older and when scotty and i have our own place, when i'm a rich medical examiner :p , i'll have lots of rabbits. besides leopard geckos {going down as my favorite animals of all time}, they're the best pets and people are just misinformed. when i bought narcisa, my family asked "a rabbit? what were you thinking?" and i was thinking, "if you have patience and a high tolerance for small brown pellets, rabbits are amazing." and they are. :D

:D Things like these are on OUR minds too all the time so feel free to share all you want, because we all understand!

This forum IS wonderful, I do agree! I had only used one forum previously, a chinchilla one, and it was terribly bashy and aggressive to anyone new (usually less educated, but still! that's not right!!)

Aren't buns wonderful?

I'm glad to hear your gal is growing closer and closer to you! Always wonderful to hear :)

PS, it's cool to see another member from the states! :lol: (Not that I don't love talking and hearing from all you wonderful guys from across the ocean! Its awesome!!!!)

... she's beautiful. ^^

& I completely agree about this forum being friendly. I don't know anyone in real life so besotted with rabbits, so I'm often all lonely in my enthusiasm for them. But I like it here. Everyone is helpful and bunny mad. Fweeee.

yes, i also love that i get to chat with people that aren't from the states {to be honest, i'd rather be in europe because that's where i originate from and it seems totally awesome :) }

on the other forums, it's like if someone doesn't agree with you they'll say snotty things and even if they didn't mean for it to be snotty, it still comes out that way since text can't exactly take a tone, save for italic, bold, underline, or caps.

Back