• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets update 17/07/2007

Ali

Warren Veteran
this morning with Bella and Benji, they are due their VHD jabs, wish them well please:D

Last edited:
im sure they will be fine.. its usually me who is nervous.. my three just sit there and dont even flinch when they get jabbed :oops: :oops:

Just back, Bella is in a right grump, she wouldnt even eat a carrot when they got back, Benji started on hers as well, just paid £23.80 each for the VHD's they have gone up this year:roll:

Hi Ali

Im sure they will all be fine. Ours tend to sulk afterwards as well!

Out of nine only one had a reaction (Dylan). He scabed up a bit and Rita got a little enthusiastic with her grooming causing the scabbed area to get bigger. All healed in a fortnight though. Same thing happened with his myxi jab two weeks earlier so he probably just doesnt react well to any injection.

None of the others had any reaction at all and we are at ease knowing they are all protected. I feel the vaccine is worth a scab or two.

Maria :D

Hi Ali

Im sure they will all be fine. Ours tend to sulk afterwards as well!

Out of nine only one had a reaction (Dylan). He scabed up a bit and Rita got a little enthusiastic with her grooming causing the scabbed area to get bigger. All healed in a fortnight though. Same thing happened with his myxi jab two weeks earlier so he probably just doesnt react well to any injection.

None of the others had any reaction at all and we are at ease knowing they are all protected. I feel the vaccine is worth a scab or two.

Maria :D

Thanks Maria,

I hate taking them, I think I feel worse than them:( I'm keeping a close eye on both of them, i'm watching them on bunny cam at the moment, im just keeping out of their way, to let them settle down. Bella looks so frightened her eyes are huge.

Awwww bless them, yeah mine are all well, I have another bunny now :oops: :D . Everyone else is well, but we had to have one of our cats put to sleep last week, she was 19 bless her. Hope you and the family are all well :D

Bella and Benji are really quiet today, I didnt have the normal rush to the doors, breakfast frenzy this morning:( who can get there first, aw and poor Bella looks so sad:(

After their VHD'S, Benji is fine, but Bella is still in a grump with me, also her poo's have been a bit soft since the VHD jab, there has been no change in her diet at all, so my finger is pointing at the VHD, does anyone know if it can have this sort of reaction?

Thank you Alixx

Gus didn't eat properly for two days after his VHD and his poos were much smaller.

Have to take Sweetpea for hers on saturday, they will all hate me even more than they do after the bonding :roll:

Frankie's poos were darker and smaller for a few days after his VHD, I just cut back on the pellets and upp'ed his hay and he settled down after that :D

I love 'bunny cam'... it's such a great idea :lol:

Back