• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I passed my RSPCA home check! ^^

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Yesterday the RSPCA man [I don't remember his name... :oops: Can't even be sure he had a name...] came around to my house. It was something of a shock, as we'd only visited the centre and chosen a bunny the day before. And he DID say it'd be arrange in 5-10 working days, so I thought we'd have this weekend to prepare for it. I wanted to clean out the garage, and actually buy the hutch... But when my mum and I returned from our walk to visit the geese, my sister was vacuuming the hall and cheerfully announced they were on their way!

I went all manic and started bleating about how I hadn't cleaned Barney out... I did this very quickly. He was meant to be cleaned yesterday, but I'd been unable to do it until afternoon due to poor weather. I never knew I could clean it in under five minutes like that! And then, when the home checker man DID arrive, and went to see Barney, Barney acted out of character. Usually he loves showing off. He likes to stand on his hind legs and pose when little kids come to look at him, he adored my cousin when he stayed with him when I was on holiday, charges up to greet random little old ladies when on his lead and harness [dragging me along behind him...]. But the RSPCA man made him very wary. Barney sat himself in the back corner of his run, near to me, shooting me wary looks whilst keeping his ears turned in the stranger's direction...

But I passed, I passed! ^^ Which means, after they have the bunny spayed, she can come and live here! :p

Thank you. ^-^ I'm all excited!

& I thought at first maybe Barney just disliked men... but he likes most men. Just not RSPCA men, apparently. He was sulking in his corner for about 10 minutes after the guy had gone.

Well done..:D
out of interest what did the homechecker ask you..look for?..don't have to say if you don't want to I'm just being nosey! :oops:

And what is the doe you've chosen like?:D

It's okay. :)
When he arrived he wanted to look atthe accomidation/hutch the new rabbit would have. But we haven't had a chance to go buy it yet... However, it's exactly the same as Barney's current hutch, so he had a look at that. Looked where abouts the hutch was.

I'm not sure he really wanted to see what we feed Barney... But as he walked past we showed him anyway. :oops:

Then we took him out into the garden, where Barney was and he took a look at the run. He said the size of the run was fine for two rabbits... But we're buying a new, bigger one anyway.

And then we went back inside, and he had a cup of tea... And spoke about cats. o_o Not our cats, just cats in general that they had at the rehoming centre... And then he left, telling us he would try and bump the bunny up the priority list so she will be spayed either the end of this week/early next week. And when she has recovered, we'll get a phonecall.

Congrats on passing! That is just a lovely feeling, I'm sure! :D

You'll have to have lots of piccies when the little gal comes home!!

Oh, there will be many pictures. :)

I'm far too excited about this. I'm acting like an 8 year old kid at Christmas time, not a supposedly mature 20 year old... Oh well!

Oh, there will be many pictures. :)

I'm far too excited about this. I'm acting like an 8 year old kid at Christmas time, not a supposedly mature 20 year old... Oh well!

Try being 43 and all excited about getting your tenth rabbit after the wife finally relents and allows me :oops: :lol: :lol: !

Neil

I don't have a picture yet. :rolleyes: I've visited so many rabbit places and not found what I wanted, that I was started to feel like I never would... So I went to this last place with little hope there'd even BE a female rabbit. Most places are full of males. So I left my phone at home, and kicked myself afterwards as I really would like a picture to keep looking at.

She's a black doe, about the size of a Dutch. And she has uppity ears. ^^ I like uppity ears. They think she is a young adult - though how they can tell, I have no idea. It's probably a guess. Apparently she was brought in as a stray, having been found wandering the streets. She's not yet been spayed, but she will be booked in for this either the end of this week, or the start of next. We were told on the phone that she's very playful. She's been given the run of the office at the RSPCA centre, and apparently she's already 'claimed' the dog there as her own, and kept climbing into a woman's briefcase.

Back