• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank God for Infacol!

I know full well if I didnt have a bottle last night - I would have lost Snowflake :cry: ....
I highly recommend! having one!!!!!! as a vital aspect of bunny care....

She started lying on her belly a lot last night, wouldnt eat, and seemed to be panting - I felt her belly but it didnt feel hard. I gave her half hour cos she normally gets over it quite quick. but then I heard the tummy gurgling and I was like no please :cry: ....
gave her 0.5ml infacol... and half hour, she still wasnt right... so gave her more and took her to bed with me....
she just sat there most of the night :cry: :( - I actually said goodbye to her. I made sure Isaac was next to her so if anything happened he could be with her. anyways half way through the night I peed her off so much but waving greens in her face that she snatched it off me to throw it away :lol: but ate a mouthful... and she still sat there and didnt move all night.
but this morning shes ok and had her breakfast~! :D

Why do they do this to us! it really is heart stopping! - I cant imagine how you guys nerves arent gone that have to go through this on a regular basis.
So yuh I recommend! having a bottle of infacol!

thank god for that!!! I really should get a bottle in... used to have a constant supply of gripe water when the kids were babies - it really is amazing stuff!!!

Infacol definately shouldn't replace vet treatment though - to be honest if I was concerned enough about a bun to say 'goodbye' I'd be rushing them to the vets not relying on OTC meds that aren't even for buns :?
Sorry if that sounds harsh but I'd hate for newer members to read this thread and replace vet treatment with home treatment and lose their bun.
Glad she's OK though

Hope she's now OK. Is she pooing OK?

I have some Infacol handy all the time too - it's also good for guinea pigs. :)

I agree I would never replace vet treatment ever!!!!!!

But it was the middle of the night - and I tend to over react when they get sick .... plus the fact I am over tired due to relay for life, and she gets sick so quickly when she does.

im glad that snowflake is ok and the infacol seemed to do the trick.

but i'm with ben's mum on this one - if you really thought you were going to say goodbye to her then the vet would have been more appropriate - even if you feel you are overreacting.

i know it can be embarrasing taking bunnies to the vets all the time - i do it and think they must think i've got munchausens by proxy or something, but sometimes it just has to be done. i had the same with frida yesterday and also 2 months ago. the incident 2 months ago turned out to be much more than just gi stasis, she also had an obstruction but if i had left it until the morning she would not have survived so im glad i took her to the emergency vets at 1am.

i think opinions on infacol are divided and it does seem to have its use for gassy tums but if it doesnt work in the first half hour or so, then it should be the vet.

AWw it is eh :cry: pringle was like that all last weekend eventually after infacol and £77 at the vet he looks better:roll: :lol:

Don't worry I am a new member and I can assure you my bunnies will recieve vet care no matter how much it costs.

Its an amazing drug, truly is, brings them so much comfort and dispells gas so quickly, usually in about 3-4 hours for my lot.

:? I always look puzzled when I see people giving it to babies as I associate it as bunny medicine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fiona x

:)
know it can be embarrasing taking bunnies to the vets all the time - i do it and think they must think i've got munchausens by proxy or something
:lol:
My buns get a mouthful of infacol the second they don't seem themselves, but it is no cure for anything seriously wrong, just calms their tummy pain.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I'd hate for newer members to read this thread and replace vet treatment with home treatment and lose their bun.

x2!!

BUT it is a wonderful, WONDERFUL item to have on hand! It has helped me with the chinchillas even on multiple occasions. I am glad to hear your sweetie is doing better!

Back