• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BunnyCam??

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has a Bunny Cam? What I mean by this is a network camera, like a CCTV camera, hooked up to the internet so you can look at your bunnies on another computer when you're not at home. The cameras are relatively expensive £80-£180 but I would like to save up and invest in one so I can check up on him, and I'm also very curious to see what he gets up to when no one's in the house! :shock:

Does anyone else have this set up, is it worth it, is it any fun, or do you just get addicted and more worried?! :lol:

I was considering doing a bunny cam so that I can watch Crue all day while I'm at work. I am at a computer alll day long, and he is home alone alll day long and I often wonder what his little bunny butt is doing :lol:

Anthony says he sleeps but I have to disagree, because every day that passes he is much more "sneaky" and "I learned this while you were out" :lol:

For instance, he has NEVER jumped on this one chair at home.. ever ever ever.. he gets on the couch when we are on it, and he'll get on HIS chair, but never this one plaid chair.. we were watching TV last night and all of a sudden, pop. Jumped up on it like it was nobody's business!!! :roll:

I am thinking about getting a cheap laptop as I have an old web camera, and putting it on top of the television and get a good view of the whole main room and see just what he does all day.

i would love a web cam set up but at the moment i've got 2 cameras in each of my 2 rabbit wendy houses linked to the tv in my bedroom its so nice giving them a willow ball or a cardboard box and sitting in my room watching them enjoying themselves

I want to do the same :D I have to wait til I move out though, im not sure my family would like cameras all over the house and garden :lol:

When Maisey had her babies a few years ago, my son rigged up 'Maisey-Cam'. It was brilliant. Only a home made job using an old cam corder, a lap to and a load of cabling. We could sit in the lounge and watch her, the nest and the babies either on the lap top or the TV. It was the best viewing and out rated the offerings on telly for weeks!:lol: We were able to keep the recordings and put it all on Video so we can watch it back when ever we want. I'd love to have a permanant set up, it would be brill.:D

I am at a computer alll day long

I know me too.... I would never get any work done!!! Oh well :D

Anthony says he sleeps but I have to disagree, because every day that passes he is much more "sneaky" and "I learned this while you were out" :lol:

For instance, he has NEVER jumped on this one chair at home.. ever ever ever.. he gets on the couch when we are on it, and he'll get on HIS chair, but never this one plaid chair.. we were watching TV last night and all of a sudden, pop. Jumped up on it like it was nobody's business!!! :roll:

I bet they get up to some serious mischeif... yeh, like they don't explore every inch they can reach! And I'm Mother Teresa! :lol:

When Maisey had her babies a few years ago, my son rigged up 'Maisey-Cam'. It was brilliant. Only a home made job using an old cam corder, a lap to and a load of cabling. We could sit in the lounge and watch her, the nest and the babies either on the lap top or the TV.

That's a great idea, especially with mum's to be. You can check on them without disturbing and stressing them.

I've got one so I can see the buns all day, and even when I'm out of the country on business :D

Mango and Chutney have free range of their room so my hubby bought me a really posh one for my birthday that I can control remotely and follow them round with. It's a D-Link 802.11g Audio with pan and tilt. When I first got it and our IT guys at work realised I was staying tuned into "Babbit tv" all day they complained it was slowing down our Local Area Network :no: So then they put a separate broadband connection into my office, so I can watch the buns on my laptop while working on my desktop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love our IT department :thumb:

I know me too.... I would never get any work done!!! Oh well :D

I bet they get up to some serious mischeif... yeh, like they don't explore every inch they can reach! And I'm Mother Teresa! :lol:

Bwahaha, I still don't get any done even without the cam! I kid, I kid.

I know he's up to stuff though, he acts wayyy too angelic sitting in his hutch when I walk in the door. I swear he watches for us through the window, then hops back in his hutch right before we walk in the door. :lol:

Back