• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new babies!

elve

Banned
:lol: Yes but hopefully these ones will fly away soon - fingers crossed for them! There were 5, but with the wet weather I don't think mum and dad could catch any flies, so 3 were shoved out of the nest by these murderous looking creatures :( Ah well survival of the fittest is necessary when you fly thousands of miles every year - poor babies that died though - I just hope these 2 survive! :)

Very blurry as I can't use flash on babies and the passageway outside my gate is dark - can you see their little yellow beaks? :)

swallows.jpg

and the downside - obviously I was chosen as they'd heard I can sweep up poo :rolleyes: :lol:

muck.jpg

I cant really see but i am guessing they're birds right? Poor little babies. Well done though :D sending huges vibes for them all.

Awwwww, bless. Swallows? Suppose they could be House Martins or Swifts.... its been a while since I was into birds as you can probably tell!:lol:

Awwwww, bless. Swallows? Suppose they could be House Martins or Swifts.... its been a while since I was into birds as you can probably tell!:lol:

They are swallows! :D Lovely to see the mum and dad on the wire outside the window - they are so pretty! Makes me jump if I walk down the passage in the evening though - parent birds leap from the nest with a clap of wings and swoop ahead of me through the passage shrieking in alarm :lol:

Neighbour tells me they tried making a nest there many years ago, but the last family in my house were a right rabble - they didn't stay long with their nestbuilding! I feel so happy to have them I don't mind the poo :D

:p I went to feed the bunnies this morning, and who should be sat on my gate but a miniature version of Mumble the penguin! (yeh they look like that! :shock: ) He looked at me and said 'errr - hi! I'm Mumble - are you dangeralous like mommy said?'

Meanwhile I'd fainted with a combination of joy, cuteness overdose and excitement - not dangerous at all :lol:

that secodn pic looks liek my wondosill after my 9 budgeis, and beni the cockatiel have been out (dontw orry i clean it up straighta fterwards!!!!!lol)

it isnt just through lack of food birds get pushed from teh nest...mum also has to do that with the fledglings, or they just wont fly...sadly its a game of risk when you have a cermented pavement under you :-( maybe you should buy tehma little trampoline? ;-)

Awww - you know in that fanciful way that humans think, I think baby Mumble the swallow was saying so long, and thanks for sweeping up all that poo! The very next day the swallow family vanished :shock:

I have really missed their chattering and squealing - they are great company! Old man next door blitzed the area and disinfected it all this morning, which is obviously what mum and dad swallow were waiting for :lol:
Yes they moved back in this afternoon! :D I guess we will have more babies soon - their 'little trip' must have been for the purpose of getting 'those darned teenagers' to leave home - Well they were so big they couldn't even sit in the nest!

Back