• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Muffin & Dillon Bonding....U/D SUCCESS!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Our returned rabbit has been given a second shot at happiness but we need to pair her up for it to work, que Dillon a gorgeous REW nethie (and also hard to home cuz of his snuffles).

Trouble is Muffy isnt too impressed with her husbun to be :rolleyes:

So we need some 'loving vibes' for the next few days please. :D

Last edited:
She is chasing the poor little guy and giving him a hard time....no vocals or biting though.

The timid little mite just runs everytime she comes near him now....pretty obvious who will be boss :roll:

Hows Sarah & Snowy Louise?

Erm....Ok they are finally in the same hutch and Muffin has stopped harassing Dillon however problem is he now thinks she is after him whenever she goes near him.....there is no malicious intent in her actions but he is terrified.....would it give him a boost to pop them both in his old cage (still as he left it) giving him the upper hand as it were?

Any other ideas?

I'd suggest just give them time, if they are getting on ok in neutral territory might be best not to rock the boat by putting them in his?

They went into the hutch yesterday.

I guess I just feel more sorry for him cuz he is soooo tiny :rolleyes: I hope he calms down soon before he does himself a mischief. :?

:wave: Hi Sooz,

I'll be interested to see how this pans out as I'm going through exactly the same thing with Spike and Kiki :roll: It's horrid to see a cnofident bun change into a timid one :cry:

Let us know what happens

Usually takes 2 weeks for them to get used to any change, and I'm sure putting them in his cage would just cause more stress and aggro as new territory always provokes more fighting.

As he's REW his eyesight's maybe not brilliant, so he's probably overreacting as he can't read her body-language - ears etc. so well - I expect he'll relax after a couple of weeks :)

Hope things settle down VERY soon and that the stress does not exacerbate Dillon's snuffles :?

Janex

That was my worry to Jane but he has been snuffle free for a few weeks and is still good.

Anyway GREAT NEWS they are both snuggled up together now and eating side by side. Muffin is much better for his company too AND thye go to their new home next week :D

Back