• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help... is something wrong with cleo??

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi all, I have the internet again after moving house ! at last.

Theo and Cleo are loving thistle hall but cleos fave place is at the top of the steps where she sits lop sided like this:

lopcompressed.jpg

Is something wrong with her as her head is tilted or do you think it maybe becuase she does not like the wall so close to her eye / face?

she is not sitting like this at any other time but only at the top of the stairs looking sorry for herself?

any help would be great :D thanks

ps: she had her myxi jab a week ago- could this be related?

Could be nothing at all, but it could be E. Cuniculi - you might want to get that ruled out.

I would take her to your Vet for a check up. She may have a Middle Ear problem or a problem with her eyesight. EC is another possibility.

Janex

I have a Dutch boy who sometimes holds his head that way... It's not E. Cuniculi in his case... He's been checked by two different vets, and has been given Pancur recently just because I'm a paranoid bunny owner... Can she hold her head normally?

yeah all of the rest of the time she is fine but just not when she is sat there. She can sit down the bottom of the cage and in her run perfectly normal :)

Yeah, Barney can be that way... He tends to tilt his head when he's sat at the top of the stairs and is watching me approach, or walk past... I'm not sure if it's the angle I approach from...

But you should probably take her to the vets, to be sure. ^^

I'd definitely get her vet checked just to put your mind at rest. Another thing to mention is her eyesight - she may have problems with one of her eyes. Our beloved Chubby used to sit like that when he was on top of things - and he only had partial sight in one of his eyes. He also had one eye that looked up and the other looked down - but he was fine when he was on the flat surfaces:D :D :D

Back