• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination costs....!!

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Usually my vet charges £16 per jab, but since last year it has risen to £20!!!!:shock: :shock: It might not sound a lot but for both VHD and Myxi thats an extra £16 overall!!!:shock: :shock:

Has anyone else noticed an increase, and is this price normal? I thought many got it for £12-£15

Yep I paid £16.50 for Myxi last week. VHD is due next month, but I'm hoping it's going to be less. Had thought there was a new cheaper VHD vaccine on the market now?

Yep ours has risen too. I've just had mine done and Im wondering whether or not to carry on to be honest, I was thinking about it today and I recon if one of my buns got vhd/myxi, even if they'd been vaxd, i still think i'd pts :? Sorry Beebop, Gone O/T :oops: xX

I think mine charges 13-15 quid... Can't remember how much exactly. :oops: Usually both my rabbit and I are so stressed I just want to get out... But I'm hoping to adopt another rabbit in a couple of weeks, and she'll need vaccinating against both... Hope it hasn't risen in price here...

My vet charges £30 for both, but I get a discount as I bring them in bulk!! Its worth asking for.

Yeah I can get multi-pet discount, which I think applies for 3 or more.:? I'll soon find out as I've booked 3 in next month instead of getting them done in pairs. I know I had 8 done at one time:shock: and I deffinitely got a discount then.:lol:

Yep ours has risen too. I've just had mine done and Im wondering whether or not to carry on to be honest, I was thinking about it today and I recon if one of my buns got vhd/myxi, even if they'd been vaxd, i still think i'd pts :? Sorry Beebop, Gone O/T :oops: xX

If they got VHD the decision will probably be taken out of your hands before you have the chance to act :cry:

Even if they're vaccinated is that? :( Xx

The VHD vacs is very effective, the last bunny we lost to our outbreak was Blue & he was living with 2 others & they are fine, as they had full immunity of the vaccine.:)
I can u nderstand people having second thoughts about the myxi, even though i personally have it done as i couldn`t live with myself if we had an outbreak & i hadn`t vaccinated them to give them a chance. But i would urge people to have the VHD done so they & tyheir bunnies don`t have to go through what we did.:cry:

Back on topic i pay about £15 per vaccine, but do get a 10% discount for getting multiple bunnies done at the same time.

Su.x

Ozzy's is £21 for a full check-up and Myxi, not quite sure about the VHD as that (all being well) will be 2 weeks from today :).

My vets charge £21 for both:D And that is the normal price, not a special discount for the rescue.

They are Acorn Veterinary Centres with branches in Studley and Alvechurch in case anyone is near enough to take advantage. Their rabbit consultation rate is good too - £10.

Last week I paid £22.49 each for Bella and Benjis Myxi jabs, they are off tomorrow for their VHD'S which are £16.00 each, so grand total of £76.94 for 4 injections:shock:

Back