• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found some gals, U/D Possible bunwife, Madeleine?

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
So I've still been keeping my eye out and browsing local-ish adoption sites and whatnot, browsing female buns, and came across this lovely girl, Anka..

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8091004

She is a Flemish Giant but I am wondering if she is a mix (not that it would matter to me.) That pen they have her seems awfully small as well for such a big girl :shock:

I'll mention her to Anthony and see what he says.. :lol:

Last edited:
I really do look at Madeleine every day I get on Petfinder.com.. she is so beautiful!! And is a Mini Rex! She would look just lovely with Crue and I would hope that they would get along, but that is a worry of mine.. I would be in a sorry state if they refused to like each other, because we don't want them shut up in their hutches all the time, we want them to have run of the house all day long! and there wouldn't be enough room for two separate house rabbits if they decided to have a war.

But she is sooo lovely.. she looks like the perfect little girl.. oh she's so pretty.

But of course, Anthony is very fond of Flemishes.....

Last edited:
I am looking into Madeleine and whatever they know of her, and was horrified to hear of her past:

http://www.hrschicago.org/Letter from Dr Susan Brown.htm

She was one of the many, many rabbits that ended up being confiscated from a breeder who obviously wasn't caring for them properly.

I'm currently inquiring as to whether or not she had any health problems resulting from the previous owner, as some percentage of the seized buns did have problems.

Poor girl.. :cry:

She looks to be in good health now (she's quite the chunker actually!) :lol:, so hopefully she was one of the 75% that were in okay health when they were seized. You never know though. We're checking!! She seems to be a lovely gal, the person from the Chicago House Rabbit Society I am talking to says that she is currently in a foster home and is a very sweet girl, and on her way to becoming a house rabbit.

Back