PDA

View Full Version : Pasturella

touie
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
the new culture I had done has shown pasturella so I have just spoken to the vet and have to treat the whole group, 5 rabbits twice a day with baytril for 10 days. Does that sound about right? good job I'm not working :shock:

Sooz
10-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Yep but it may take longer than that with a stronger antibiotic to shift in the infected rabbit.

touie
10-07-2007, 12:58 PM
yep he wants to see the worst affected ones after 10 days. Not sure whether my rats would need treating too as they're in contact with the rabbits :?

beckiboo186
10-07-2007, 02:42 PM
yep he wants to see the worst affected ones after 10 days. Not sure whether my rats would need treating too as they're in contact with the rabbits :?

I'd ask your vet, definately a possibility. So thats your life given up for the next 10 days is it luvie?!! :shock: :lol: Really admire you matie, you seriously try to get this mystery solved for those bunsters, never moaning or anything - Superstar bunny mum ;) Xx

touie
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
oh I've been moaning since xmas :lol: will be moaning even more if i have to treat 5 rats as well :shock: luckily I'm off work till september so won't need to be up at 5 to get all there meds done!!! :D lets just hope the baytril works this time, none of them is badly infected just upper respiratory! I hope I don't spill any either as he seems to have worked out exactly how much I need for 10 days, my old vet just estimated so I always had some left over!!!