• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arrrggghhhhh why did i do it!!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Why did i decide to take in rescues!!! I swear if i ever see the woman i got Angel and Candy from again i will punch her!!!! :censored: :censored:

Candy now called hazel wnet straight to Paula, so not excactly adopted through me but i am here if and when Paula needs any help and support with her. I found out mid week last week that both of them may not be vaccinated so i rang Paula and she was quite happy to have hazels vaccs done, Paula had her to her vets last night and he was quite happy with her, she has developed a slight infection in her nose and i and paula vets think due to stress. I have since found out since Saturday that Hazel was living with her mum until saturday morning! She has been with her mum her whole life and is now 2.4yrs old :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: Needless to say Hazel is pining rather alot and i am heading over to paulas at lunch time to give her a check over and to take some mix food with me as the buns didn't come with any of theres, ( i have to admit this is my fault i didn't ask the woman to bring any) and Hazel hasn't really eaten anything but a bit of hay and some straw and a small amount of veg since saturday, Paula has tried her with grass and she's no idea what to do with it! i don't think they have ever had hay in there lives and are increadibly fat i think down to over feeding of poopy mix!! And well you all know about Angel and the nest building!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am so mad!! not only with this woman but also at myself!!!! Why did i have to think this woman was genuine!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid stupid Phill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Unfortunatley one thing taking in rescues has taught me is that skepticism is the best route.

You wouldnt believe some of the excuses people have for the physical (and mental) conditions of their rabbits.

Oh phill, i think that`s the main reason i couldn`t be a rescue as i nkow i couldn`t keep my cool with some of the :censored: you`ll encounter!:oops:

Sending calming vibes for your girlie & de-stress vibes for you...............

Su.x

Aww Phill, don't be like that, at least they both have a chance for a better life now.

You've done a good thing getting them out of there, that woman deserves a kick up the ****!:evil:

Tried to tempt Hazel with some dandelion leaves, she ate one but ignored the rest. Gonna re-name Buster as 'Hoover', as he was right in scoffed the lot. Popped to Tesco for some herbs but she's not interested in them either, Buster of course was:lol:

Thanks Guys and Thanks Paula, i just hope that if we can gether eating properly that Buster will be able to help her stop pining!

Why did i decide to take in rescues!!! I swear if i ever see the woman i got Angel and Candy from again i will punch her!!!! :censored: :censored:

Candy now called hazel wnet straight to Paula, so not excactly adopted through me but i am here if and when Paula needs any help and support with her. I found out mid week last week that both of them may not be vaccinated so i rang Paula and she was quite happy to have hazels vaccs done, Paula had her to her vets last night and he was quite happy with her, she has developed a slight infection in her nose and i and paula vets think due to stress. I have since found out since Saturday that Hazel was living with her mum until saturday morning! She has been with her mum her whole life and is now 2.4yrs old :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: Needless to say Hazel is pining rather alot and i am heading over to paulas at lunch time to give her a check over and to take some mix food with me as the buns didn't come with any of theres, ( i have to admit this is my fault i didn't ask the woman to bring any) and Hazel hasn't really eaten anything but a bit of hay and some straw and a small amount of veg since saturday, Paula has tried her with grass and she's no idea what to do with it! i don't think they have ever had hay in there lives and are increadibly fat i think down to over feeding of poopy mix!! And well you all know about Angel and the nest building!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am so mad!! not only with this woman but also at myself!!!! Why did i have to think this woman was genuine!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid stupid Phill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the REAL world of rescuing!!:shock: :shock: ,as Jill says this will happen most of the time, in fact, I learned very quickly just how horrible people can be and how they tell lies, so take a tip from me Phill and this is what I do, I assume that everyone dumping and bunny is an out and out liar and that they have starved their bunnies and the bunnies have NEVER seen a vet, that way, you are thinking the worst scenario so when it turns out better you are not angry and upset, in fact you are quite pleased.........it works for me...........but please don't blame yourself, it's not your fault, you are doing a wonderful job, just don't let the :censored: get you down, good luck Phill xx

Don't beat yourself up over it, Phill......you couldn't have known. ::hugs:: And there are sadly WAY too many people out there who will tell you ANYTHING to get you to take their buns. So all you can really do it listen to what they say, nod your head at the appropriate times.......and then draw your OWN conclusions after they have left!!!!!:roll: :?

Wait until someone presents you with a bun that is obviously negelcted and then lies to your face about :roll:

If you cann keep your cool then you will get through anything. :D

Well if Candy is pining maybe Paula could take Angel too? :D :lol: :lol:

Phill and I were just discussing how many hutches I could put in my garden once its paved:lol:

We decided maybe another 4:shock:

The O/H would need to be worked on though:angel:

You did it cos you love rabbits and somehow you need to focus on that and helping the bunny not the :censored: owners you're going to come across

Thanks Guys and thanks Snowy i will keep it all in mind! Can i jion the cynical group please????? Kayj did try to tell me and i have heard and seen some of her horror storys but i just couldn't help beleiving this woman! Well never again!! I tell you that!
I popped to Paulas at lunch to check on Hazel and she seems ok just not eating very much of anything! We think it's just the pining and fingers crossed after she ahs settled with paula and realises thta nothing else is going to change she will be ok.

Welcome to the REAL world of rescuing!!:shock: :shock: ,as Jill says this will happen most of the time, in fact, I learned very quickly just how horrible people can be and how they tell lies, so take a tip from me Phill and this is what I do, I assume that everyone dumping and bunny is an out and out liar and that they have starved their bunnies and the bunnies have NEVER seen a vet, that way, you are thinking the worst scenario so when it turns out better you are not angry and upset, in fact you are quite pleased.........it works for me...........but please don't blame yourself, it's not your fault, you are doing a wonderful job, just don't let the :censored: get you down, good luck Phill xx

I completley agree, I've been helping rescue animals for at least 11 years and unfortunatley what Snowy says is spot on!! Its not a nice way to have to think, but its the only way to have some self preservation or we'd go mad!: Trust no-one, think the worst and you can only be pleasantly suprised!

Keep up the good work!:wave:

Back