• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot Topic: What Topics are Hot?

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Okay? I'm having trouble thinking of hot topics. Make a suggestion and I'll pick one a week to be a hot topic :)

What topics would you like to hear peoples ideas/experience/suggestions on?

How about the recent uproar involving the RWA visiting the small animal show (forgotten what it was called :oops: bradford Excel?) where they received complaints that they shouldnt be supporting the showing and breeding for show of rabbits.....they justified that they were trying to educate people etc.

Vet Fees

Too Many Chemicals in and on my Rabbit? (Over-Use of 'Routine' Treatments) such as Panacur Rabbit, Rearguard, Flea Treatments etc

Indoors or Out- Is there a 'best' way to keep Rabbits?

How Dental Problems Effect My Rabbit (Dental Disease and its impact on longterm health and welfare of Rabbits)

Bonding!!- Is there ever a time to give up trying with what appears to be an 'unbondable' Bunny ?

One for the Rescues- What sort of help would make the most difference to your day to day running of your Rescue?

There's a few suggestions. Might be best to leave off starting some of them til all the Mods are back........................;) :lol:

Janex

Am just trying to think of some topics that often get raised:

Worming and prevention of E. Cuniculi (as opposed to treatment of)

Natural diets

How about the recent uproar involving the RWA visiting the small animal show (forgotten what it was called :oops: bradford Excel?) where they received complaints that they shouldnt be supporting the showing and breeding for show of rabbits.....they justified that they were trying to educate people etc.

Their justification was right in my opinion, they do alot of work behind the scenes and unless people are willing to join them in helping educate people and understand what the RWA are actually trying to accomplish here then those who complain about the RWA actions really dont have rabbit welfare in their heart.

Education is a long drawn out process, there is no 'fix' over night and when you look back just a mere 3 years to see how p@h have progressed then ultimately, perhaps in a few more years, petshops will be better equipped, better hutches and runs and more importantly, giving the right advise that will either send a potential purchaser away scared stiff to keep a rabbit or a genuine bunny lover to give one a home well prepared in the knowledge that they are hard little critters to keep;)

You would be suprised to know that the RWA folk hold alot of the same views as us, they certainly dont like animals being sold in petshops but until that day comes, if at all, the only way to go for now is education, whether that be in petshops, shows or any where else that they are able to access and educate;)

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer as they say;) :lol: :lol:

yep, I like this one, lets debate this:lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of new members doesn't know how fast a rabbit can go downhill. They need to know why laboratory use rabbit for testing because they are "Fast acting" on any sickness.

They also don't know that rabbit hide their pain and sickness very well. We need a hot topic or a sticky to tell them the above.

I think we'll save the really hot topics for when there are more mods to watch them but that's certainly an interesting issue :)

Tam

Medication available for rabbits - what's safe what's not - why vets are not in agreement with this - why are there so few options available for rabbits?

Okay? I'm having trouble thinking of hot topics. Make a suggestion and I'll pick one a week to be a hot topic :)

What topics would you like to hear peoples ideas/experience/suggestions on?

does it have to be about rabbits:lol: :lol: :lol: as I have a few

why do I get through a toilet roll a day:?
How do you train men to pick up their dirty washing:evil:
Where do all the socks go when they enter a washing machine:?
Why do men need 6 remote controls to work the tele:roll:
Why do men take 10 minutes looking for the remote control when it would of been quicker just to turn the channel over by hand rather than huff and puff over looking for the remotes:roll: :lol:
How is it that our mothers care and bring us up and then we end up caring for them and so wishing we could ground them and put them in detention for a week:lol: :lol:
Why does that anti-crease shirt you brought come out of the tumble dryer creased:roll: :lol:

Back