• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Success!!!

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
The past 3-4 days i've been bonding Rex and the little bun (still no name yet:oops: ) to a GREAT success!!! They LOVE snuggling, and will often binky around together in the hallway.

The only problem is that he will still mount her every once in a while. The odd thing is, he seems to do it at the same time every time he does- right at 10pm and the behaviour continues till about 10:15 or therabouts. Tonight, we broke out the squirty bottle with great success, and whenever he was even thinking about doing his dirty deeds, we'd spray the bottle in the sink (it's one of those jet sprayer thingys- one stream of liquid not a mist) and he'd run back to his carrier. That is, after he recieved a light spray behind his ears. he wasn't too happy, but we dried him off and he'll survive :roll:

I'm not concerned about her getting pregnant, and she doesn't seem overly stressed when this happens. they are totally bonded, so they spend the night in their hutch outside. obviously I can't account for every second spent together, but I was wondering if I should stop this behaviour or not?

thanks!!!

It is natural rabbit behaviour and there's no need to stop it esp as he's been neutered and it's over 6 weeks since he was done.

This is perfectly normal behaviour for a pair of rabbits who are bonding, you are better to leave them to sort out their relationship / hierachy than break them up when ever they are doing this.

Back