• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

none ?

Hi I found these pictures of rabbits being held differently .

the first is a new one to me. being held in a blanket or towl.
apparently for rabbits that strugle when you want to hold them in your arms .
it did say that if the rabbit is in a blanket or towl it would feel safe in this in your arms.
see pic.

cinniandme--firstpic.jpg

the 2nd is of a bunny falling asleep in some one's arms .
take a look.

OnBack.jpg

the 3rd is a Rabbit in a trance in some one's legs .

trance.gif

enjoy these oh 1 more thing how do you get a rabbit to lye in your arms .?

Rabbits dont like laying in your arms so you shouldnt try to make them do it :D Im sure some do, but generally they dont like being held and lifted. Mine are happy just cuddling up beside me on the floor or just resting their head in my lap. Before Trip lived with Scarlett he used to jump up and lay on me if I was laying on the sofa but he would rather stay on the floor with his girly now ;)

Sasuke sometimes sits in my arms like that, but I can't get him to fall asleep:roll:
I carry both my rabbits differently.
Zakura usually hides her head under my arms when I carry her but Sasuke doesn't like not seeing what's happenig around him, so I either carry him so he can see over my shoulder, or like a baby:lol: mostly because he's cute like that, and it's only for a short while, most of the time I carry him upright.
My bunnies mostly decide for themselves how they want to get held:roll: If Sasuke struggles when I carry him on his back, I move him, and Zakura...she hides her head on her own accord. No forcing there:lol:

I usually just carry them from their hutches into the playpen on the lawn. Or other times if they for some reason need to be moved somewhere. Long distance traveling goes in the pet-carriers.

My cashies have to be turned upside down to enable me to groom their underside. They are used to it though.

Marsha hates being carried so i wrap her in a towl and shes fine. Lilly loves it, she will lie like a baby and snuggle up. She prefers it when her daddy carries her tho. Marsha is a mummies gal x:lol:

Buster will do all three. In fact he just was asleep like that before his Panacur tonight. He doesn't mind a cuddle loves the attention.

In the pics I see of people holding their rabbits upside down in their arms I always wonder if the rabbit is asleep or just tranced. How do you know really? Some rabbits trance easier than others so it may just be the sleepy ones are easily tranced.

i hold sooty a bit like number 2 but more upright. I've tried legs in like (jane?) posted in the other thread but he just tries to climb onto my shoulders like a parrot and as i only pick up for botty check or claw clipping, that seemed to defeat the purpose. I did try and trance him to clip his nails the first time. I wouldn't do it again. It's easier just to cuddle him.

Back