• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Peanut

Peanut has been back and forth to the vet recently as he appeared to have an eye infection..... he went back again today as his eyes appeared not to have got any better so they could flush the ducts out. Only we have now discovered that poor Peanut was born without any ducts....

Any tips and advice on how to cope with this minor problem to give him a better quality of life????
:cry:

Peanut has been back and forth to the vet recently as he appeared to have an eye infection..... he went back again today as his eyes appeared not to have got any better so they could flush the ducts out. Only we have now discovered that poor Peanut was born without any ducts....

Any tips and advice on how to cope with this minor problem to give him a better quality of life????
:cry:

Awww poor Peanut :cry: I would think daily eye bathing ( with cooled boiled water) to remove any gunky discharge will be needed. You may need to do this twice a day. I would also apply a thin layer of vaseline around he eyes to protect the skin from chronic discharge.

Janex

I've always found Optrex to be really good with small furry eye problems. Boots do their own brand which comes in a plastic squeezey bottle.

Optrex... never thought of that... I suppose it must be ok as the eye drops he'd had were also for human use. Thanks for all the tips... please feel free to add any others that you think of, I'll try anything for my little hunny bunny. :)

oh poor peanut, i had a bun like this we just did what Jane hassuggested and she was fine xx

Thanks to you all.... he's off to the cattery tommorow for 2 weeks while we are away on holiday and I am really going to worry about him the whole time I'm away. I know that he'll be fine as the girl who owns it has her own rabbit.

Mummy to Cleo the cat, Peanut the Albino Netherland Dwarf, Tilly the Guinea Pig, Seymore the Hamster and a tank full of Tropical Fish..... oh yeah not forgetting James my 16 yr old son.

Back