• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

monster girls!

kimd6200

Banned
me n my friend went to a livestock market on saturday.she always goes because she gets chickens.anyways,walking round n i spotted to ginormous french lops in a small cage.they were gorgeous.a realy grotty bloke wanted them so me and my mate bidded higher than him just so he couldnt get them. paid £20 for the two.put them in a box and scarperd.got them home and they are two girls,ones agouti and ones like a bluey grey.in good condition apart from matted feet.mates taking them the vets monday for a check over.never seen anything so big!:shock: quite friendly realy.dont like being picked up though.got them in her 10ft shed with a run attached to the door.givin them plenty of hay just wondering how do you introduce them onto you own food.put some pellets down because they didnt come with any so dont know what theyve had.given them a small handfull of grass to.dont know how old they are but sally(agouti)has got a massive dewlap.any suggestions or ideas what we can do would be greatfull.
kim.xxxxx

well they sound like a handful alright :shock: Keep them seperate incase they are not both girls! Been there before :rolleyes: Don't give them any veg or grass for now incase it upsets their tum - they might not have had it before. You'll just have to feed them as much hay as they can eat (should be their own bodysize in hay a day - must be half a bale :shock: and a couple handfuls of dry food morning and evening. I would get a big dog bowl for their water. If you can get a probiotic, it will help settle their tum - the vet should have some or you can get it online from vetark. Hope they are OK - French lops are gentle giants from what I've heard, but will need lots of hay...and no doubt do giant poos and wees :shock:

got massive poops!:lol: dont seem keen to eat alot of hay.drink out of a large water bottle i gave them.sally grunts at you abit but sophie loves her nose rubbed.both defo girls.know how sex buns.no dangly bits neither!:lol:

we have 2 lovely frenchies..willows just getting a dewlap but its furry rather than flabby..if the dewlaps big its down to diet and maybe age.
our frenchies eat timmyhay 2nd cut willow used to eat meadow hay but wants what the other 2 have. she eats more of it than bif nbertie combined!!
vet says its whats keeping dental probs at bay with bif,best hay for her for them all.
i have a dog bowl for willow and she has a cup of pellets daily..hay by the huge handfuls..when i can cos i cant tease bif with her tums upsets..i give a huge fresh greens leaf and a carrot nub and a bit of fruit....she used to have a dry weetabix daily when she was a baby baby.
she came to me on allen and page breeders andgrowers pellets..and bertie n bif are now on alen and page too.
willow drinks between one and two dog bowls full of water each day..if its very hot..more!! so expect rivers of wees huge piles of doodies and some very loud noises when breathing moving eating etc..its scary how noisy they are..they snore real bad too!!
just treat as you would a tiny bunny..theyre usually more placid than most buns but even these giants get scared!
i love my monster buns and hope to get them bonded as a trio..bif n bertie all already hubby n wife..bifs about the size of a dwarf lop! willows looking to be growing still so far shes the height of bertie and the width..but her skuls got to grow til shes 18 months olf..shes got a weird lng wide nose wheras bertie has full broad face with wide space between his eyes..willos young so she has a fairly narrow one.
check with vet but id give hay for first 2 days andthen introduce some feed pelelts slowly. dont be scared..lots of folks have run frm my bertie..they didnt know him rushing up tp them wwas a request for nosey scruffles.they thought cos hes so big.he was atacking them:shock:

they wee in the bed box so havent seen any yet.sally has got a big dewlap which she puffs out when she sits down.sophie hasnt realy got one.only eating afew pelleta at the minute.love hay.got loads.just need a good grooming.look like giant fur balls at minute.xxx

Back