• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination Query

Beebop

Warren Veteran
The buns are getting their first vaccination today, and I know since I last got it done last July that there have been some moderations to how it is given etc. Is there anywhere I can read up on this quickly before 4pm?

Thanx

I had my new little man done today. He had mixi some in his ear and the rest in the scruff of his neck. No real side effect apparently and he has to go back in 10-14 days for the next one. £11.75 per jab. He is now charging round like a looney :lol:

Thanks!:D Is that the same with VHD jabs? How much in his ear and in the scruff, as I fear my vet over here in NI won't be aware of it.

Thanks!:D Is that the same with VHD jabs? How much in his ear and in the scruff, as I fear my vet over here in NI won't be aware of it.

It's only the Myxi jab that needs to be done in a special way:

About a tenth of the dose has to be given intradermally - into the layers of the skin - for adequate immunity to be achieved. Some vets give it into the thicker skin at the base of the ear; others on the way in or out of the skin at the scruff of the neck. Although fiddly, the intradermal part of the injection is absolutely vital to stimulate an immune response in the skin, which is where the myxomatosis virus usually gains entry to the rabbit.

Back